1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So, does anyone know who hit me?

Discussion in 'General' started by galloway840, Aug 7, 2018.

1. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear man. It sucks. I’ve been taken out and injured before. It’s one thing when you make a mistake and eat shit, because it was your mistake. It feels different to be taken out by a competitor.

Here’s the thing: Mistakes are mistakes. Whether you left the brakes on too deep and tucked the front, got on the gas too early and highsided, or tried to make room where there is none, it’s just a mistake and we all make them.

The party who was at-fault should apologize (I did twice when I knocked someone down, and got a well deserved earful both times), but it doesn’t fix the bike, heal your body, or make you feel any different. It’s better to just move on and get healthy. A chip on your shoulder will only make things harder.

Heal up man!

galloway840, panthercity and Scotty87 like this.
  2. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

:D

3. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

Copyright violation!

Sabre699 and Johnny B like this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

You could probably sue someone for damages.

Galloway, heal up quick and sorry to read about you getting nerfed.

galloway840 likes this.
  5. steve802cc

steve802cc Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear about this Richard.
    Hope you heal up quickly.
    Steve

galloway840 likes this.
  6. tigerblade

tigerblade Mostly Titanium

Sorry to see this. Hope for a quick and full recovery!

galloway840 likes this.
  7. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Sure, without lots of video sources, its always hard to tell exactly what causes two riders to come together. That said, the standard obligation is on the passing rider to judge and make a clean pass.

sure, could be. none of the guys who saw it happen share that view however.

Thanks, they did a great job getting to me quickly. There was a guy talking (yelling actually) from the side of the track keeping me up to date about the status of the ambulance, which was a nice comforting thing to do.

____

Was hoping someone knew who it was, but if not, no reason to extend the thread too much. I appreciate both the public and private well wishes! Thanks guys.

Steeltoe likes this.
  8. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

F#%kin A - tell ‘em Dave!

:D

Phl218 likes this.