1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP 2019 Silly Season

Discussion in 'General' started by TX Joose, Apr 24, 2018.

1. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

I hope it's current year spec machines ala Crutchlow, and not last years models like in the past with Tech3. I think Dani's still got a lot of potential in him, but I don't see him doing anything this year given how hard you need to ride the honda to push it to the front, and how susceptible he is to injury. I can see him just mailing it in the rest of the year to save himself for next year.

2. rocalotopus

rocalotopus thick member

Last edited: Jul 5, 2018
  3. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

The first presser where we were supposed to hear what Dani’s plans were turned into nothing. It’s almost like everything was planned and everyone agreed on the timing then something happened with Dorna,Petronas or maybe the Nieto team and the announcement was pushed back and Dani was left out in the cold with his. Everyone has been expecting the Pertonas/Yamaha announcement and Pedrosa has been the one rider linked to it from the jump. Dani couldn’t announce he’s staying in GP and moving to a team that doesn’t exist.

This seems like a mulligan. Same feel, Dani’s going to let everyone know and we now have confirmation that there will be a Petronas/Yamaha team.

It just seems to coincidental for Dani to be announcing his retirement. Plus, he hasn’t been pushing. If these were his last races I really feel Dani would go all out to win races. Why wouldn’t he? If he got hurt then he calls it quits, if not, he potentially adds a few more race victories to already impressive total.

Really hope that’s what it is because he is for sure legend status and I’d like to see him in the two bike win club before he retires.

4. fastedyamaha

fastedyamaha Well-Known Member

Nah, he’s done. He’s going to announce he’s retiring and riding off into the sunset at this weekend’s presser.

5. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

My source within the team (Malaysian) said that Pedrosa just spoke to the team owner finally recently.

Nothing has been signed and negotiations are ongoing due to Pedrosa questioning the personnel level and amount of support.

Apparently they have Bautista and Quatararo on backup reserve.

I can’t say much more than that as I was sworn to secrecy.

Seems from what I gather that Dani is being VERY picky.

What I don’t understand is that it’s a good opportunity with a team that has basically unlimited budget.

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

7. Robby-Bobby

Ha nope. Hadn’t even read that. But seems like my source is pretty damn accurate.... which makes sense being he’s literally a part of the team

8. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

I'm still holding out hope until I hear it out of Pedrosa's mouth, but it'd be a damn shame if he were to pass up this opportunity. The only other person on the MotoGP grid that I would be this excited to see on a Yamaha is Iannone. Obviously that isn't happening, so this would be a major letdown all around.

9. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

The guy is principle driven, it's going to have to tick the box for him, as well as him passing his own self test. On that I can see him gratefully declining, though I'd love to see him ride again esp on a different machine.

rocalotopus likes this.
  10. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

Seems like your source read roadracingworld.com ;)

11. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Or the source was the source for roadracingworld.com. :cool:

Quicktoy, Focker and BigBird like this.
  12. Robby-Bobby

That would make sense especially since he just fired up his time machine being that this was Saturday when we spoke.

Clearly he skipped ahead a few days, Logged onto roadracing world, then returned back to Saturday and Iniated our convo.

Quicktoy and stk0308 like this.
  13. Robby-Bobby

I’m gonna go out on a limb and assume that during the team dinner, the marketing/publicist for the team was also in attendance.

rd49 likes this.
  14. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Welp, Pedrosa announced he is done.

rcarson15 likes this.
  15. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Wonder what Zarco has to say about him becoming a MotoGP Legend :crackup:

16. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Bautista? Hahahahahaha, do not think the team has that deep of pockets.

BigBird likes this.
  17. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Too bad Rea just resigned in WSBK.

Oh well, I'd have liked to have seen Pedrosa on a yamaha.

18. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

I would have liked to see Pedro in WSBK. Someone needs to take it to Rea to make shit interesting again.

19. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

re-signed...resigned. I hate the english language sometimes.

20. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Thanks, now fuct off. :D