1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Justice Kennedy announced retirement.

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by G 97, Jun 27, 2018.

1. G 97

G 97 Garth

Ruth Bader Ginsburg needs to follow his lead. :D

Photo and bacolmm like this.
  2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Always kind of liked him. Seemed to follow the constitution not public opinion.

3. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

I’d be happier with a death certificate on that one, but I’ll take retirement.

K51000 likes this.
  4. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yep, he seemed pretty balanced all and all.

5. sharkattack

sharkattack Rescued pets over people. All day, every day

How much longer can RBG possibly hold on? She's barely coherent as she is. I know she wants to stay on as long as possible since she despises the President, but I seriously wonder how much longer she can hold on. Hopefully Kennedy's retirement will push her over the edge and she'll throw up her hands and say "F it...I'm done!"

6. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

She can't even stay awake these days.

7. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

She's 85, I'd be surprised if she lives thru Trumps first term, definitely not his second ;)

K51000, Photo and G 97 like this.
  8. G 97

G 97 Garth

I don’t know man, she has so much disdain for Trump, I think she will will herself to keep living just to spite him. :D

K51000, SuddenBraking and Photo like this.
  9. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I don't see why this is a big deal. We only need 8 anyway, right?

10. brex

brex Well-Known Member

True story.

Attached Files:

badmoon692008 likes this.
  11. DrA5

DrA5 The OTHER Great Dane

And you know that the Democrats will "Weekend at Bernie's" her, trotting and propping her up at the bench even after she is dead to ensure Trump does not keep winning.

blkduc, K51000, XFBO and 1 other person like this.
  12. G 97

G 97 Garth

13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Sure, if you like ties which equal no decisions.

14. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

LOL, I noticed that Chuck Schumer has already made a statement about us needing to wait until after the election before selecting a replacement. The Republicans did it on the last one but I say, fuck the Democrats. :D

brex and G 97 like this.
  15. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Sorry Chuck, ain’t gonna happen.

G 97 likes this.
  16. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I'm sure there's liberal heads exploding somewhere. :D

brex and G 97 like this.
  17. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yep, no need to wait. Get a nominee and pass the confirmation with a simple majority vote. If the Repubs stick together they don’t need any Dems help. The Dems have done nothing but obstruct anyway so why should they have any say in the matter at this point. You chose not to participate, so stay on the sidelines. Another Clarence Thomas type would be awesome.

It’s not like they wouldn’t do the same if the tables were turned. I say cram it down the collective throats of all the liberal whack jobs. The crying is going to be epic. LOL

cav115, K51000 and brex like this.
  18. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Ha! I just visualized the end scene of one of those Kingsman movies where heads were exploding in firework fashion.....LOL!

19. R Acree

R Acree Banned

IMHO, there is a material difference between mid-terms and a lame duck pres.

badmoon692008, BHP41 and Funkm05 like this.
  20. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

And to think there were moderate leaning right folk along with so called Republicans who weren't sure if they can bring themselves to vote for DT.......and here we're getting a SECOND pick in just two yrs. So many closed minded bastids never really understood how Yuuuugeeeee this past election was!!! Maybe they're getting a clue today.

2blueYam and K51000 like this.