1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World SBK | Moto America | GEICO US Round 22 - 24 JUN

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Jun 21, 2018.

1. 418

418 Expert #59

2. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

How about Valentin during the post race interview saying he just had to fuck with JD during his pass on him in the middle of the SuperSport race. :crackup:

5axis likes this.
  3. Dragginass

Dragginass Well-Known Member

4. Mot Okstef

There may have been more to the situation, but the only thing they showed on the beIN broadcast was him trying to get back on his bike and get it restarted to rejoin the race. I didn't see anything that showed he was arguing or being disrespectful to the corner workers.

turbulence and Dragginass like this.
  5. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

It's a geographical issue.
    Any other run-off on the track, he'd have been fine attempting to get back on the bike.

It'll come to nothing.

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Come to nothing? They already leveled the penalty.

7. Joe Remi

Joe Remi Well-Known Member

I'll bet he was flailing around like Scholtz at the last race. I presumed that situation was a result of him being a little groggy and disoriented after his wreck, which certainly could have happened to JH, too, after 4 races in 2 days. Not good.

8. Mot Okstef

And to give the team only 30 minutes at a cost of $1,500 to file an appeal in writing? WTF?!?!?!?!? :rolleyes:

Boman Forklift likes this.
  9. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

I wondered if something was going to come of that. It didn't look like it was an animated argument to me, but it did appear that they wanted him to move and he was more interested in trying to figure out how to get back on the track. Seemed like they spent more time in that area than would have been prudent. I'm not an official but would have just chalked it up to emotions and had a chat with him rather than docking him any positions. But I don't know what all was really being said either.

turbulence likes this.
  10. L8RSK8R

:/

I'm not aware of an exit point on that side of the Corkscrew. Is there a dedicated track exit area?

11. Joe Remi

Joe Remi Well-Known Member

It'll be the exit of the rider they're stressing about. As long as Josh is yammering at corner workers about how he's just sure his race isn't over, they're all out there yammering as bikes are sailing by. As someone else mentioned, it did seem on TV like that conversation was lasting a long time..

12. L8RSK8R

I wasn't there. I'll sober up tomorrow. Motoamerica knows what they're doing. Fantastic weekend of racing. Learned I need a more comfortable sofa. World Cup Football, Laguna Seca.....ma butts knumb.

Boman Forklift and Metalhead like this.
  13. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

So.. ... .this happened at the end of MA Sbk race 2

14. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

I agree with this 100%. The kid has upped his game lately. I dig it.

15. Mot Okstef

I don't know. Never been there in person, I've only seen it on TV. I was just shocked at the cost to file an appeal. I'm sure some Laguna locals on here can chime in and answer your question. :)

16. 12v_dub

12v_dub Well-Known Member

It was nice seeing Herrin battle it out and get into top 10 for majority of the race before fading back in the grid. I think it has a lot to do with fatigue from racing a double duty during the weekend, different tires and everything else in the general. I honestly do believe, he would do much better and adapt faster to other tracks than PJ would. Besides that, how does a rider get a wildcard into wsbk or motogp. What is involved in such offer, I always wondered about that.

17. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

I have been attending Laguna WSBK/MotoGP/AMA since '02. As a fan, I've always been big on hooting and hollering from the fences on the cool down laps. The little kid in me has always wanted a bit of recognition from the riders (am I the only one?). So, working the race and getting to go out to the track was epic. The response/acknowledgement from the riders was awesome. I was buzzing for hours afterwords. Knowing motorcyclists are showoffs, I took my GoPro out with me and was not disappointed. Obviously the video I posted earlier was about as epic as it gets. I actually thought he wanted to grab it lol.

Working through the vids I thought this screenshot was pretty sick. Thanks for showing off JD!

jd wheelie best.jpg

All the races seemed to get pretty strewn out with mini battles throughout each race. I was very impressed with Josh's effort throughout the weekend. Bummed about his fade in the second WSBK race and the crash in the second MA race. What I heard relayed from the radio network was that his clip-on was broken and that's why he wasn't able to continue.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: I love you Gary but when's the last time you worked on a bike?

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That doesn't surprise me knowing Stanboli but still so damned impressive.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If their weren't they wouldn't have penalized him.