1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyson's Corner

Discussion in 'General' started by CausticYarn, May 1, 2018.

1. CausticYarn

CausticYarn Well-Known Member

I don't know how I was supposed to understand that from what was written.
    I grew up in a corn field surrounded by horse pastures and rode a dirt bike through all of the empty lots in the neighborhood.
    Minneapolis intimidates me for Pete's sake.

I have a bunch of networking events Saturday, so I might not even make it. I made it just in case things work out since the place looks busy.
    Sadly, it is only Anti-pasta for this chick - it's soooo hard going to a good Italian joint and not being able to eat most of the food. But if they do their meat right, I will leave happy.

Wednesday and Thursday are the only dates I know for sure I don't have networking stuff that I was roped in to. So - If you and the Wife want to make a trip into Tyson's, we could go to that other joint. :)

2. Dits

Dits Will shit in your fort.

I thought it was fairly clear as well.

badmoon692008 and Sabre699 like this.
  3. CausticYarn

Rarely have left my cloistered and safe life for anything else. I didn't connect Gtown to Georgetown for some reason, otherwise it might have clicked better.

4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

and I'll have all you f@ckers know I am not THAT short! I am taller than the following: Pedrosa! Suck on that, I'm taller than a world champ! Jimmy Filice! and if you don't know who jimmy filice is you need to smack yourself in the forehead with a carpenters hammer! Chip! Yeah, bitches, I am taller than Chip. Ummm, I'm taller than . . . errr. . . yeah, I'm taller than those three!

Now I'm angry and the rest of you have these height shamming corn cobbers to thank for that! Thank them! THANK THEM, or else!

5. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

Which part confuses you? Public Transit or hooking up with DaveK?

6. HPPT

HPPT !!!

You guys know that Dave never shows up for anything, right? :D

7. CausticYarn

I am 5'8", I will wear 3" heels so you can spot me in the crowed from where you are. :p

Didn't know Dave K was German. Really didn't pay attention to how tall he was. These are things that don't really stick in my head.

I only assume that "hooking up" means meeting up - cuz if I am gonna cheat on Dern while I am gone, it had better be some rich ripped dude with a sail boat and a private island who will take me away like Calgon for a month.

8. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

So ... you’re telling us there’s a chance.

Edit: my stupid Dumb & Dumber gif isn’t showing. :mad:

9. CausticYarn

If that is what you got from that, absolutely :crackup:

Funkm05 likes this.
  10. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

Daikaya for ramen in Chinatown, DC
    Full Key for cantonese in Wheaton, MD
    A&J for northern chinese/spicy beef noodle soups in Rockville, MD, there's a VA one too
    Wiseguy Pizza in DC or Guiseppi's for pizza in Rockville, MD
    Pollo Rico for peruvian chicken in Wheaton, MD
    Mi Jana for lebanese in Arlington, VA, Lebanese Taverna in Tysons, VA also
    Moby Dick (for persian kabobs, multiple locations all over)
    Sakoontra for Thai in Fairfax, VA
    Duck Donuts for donuts in Fairfax, VA
    Honey Pig or Ye Chon or Annangol for korean in Annandale, VA or Lighthouse in Rockville, MD
    Bon Chon if you want the korean take on bomb ass fried chicken, multi-location
    there's dope mexican everywhere... Taco Bar in Gaithersburg, MD or Dulcinea in Rockville, MD are my go-to's
    Yuraku in for sushi Germantown, MD hands down

11. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Sakoontra is closed up. Some of the people involved moved over here and opened Sakoonthai.

You are sending her all over. a bit too far for her with no car.

12. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

that's true, but that's my general list of the best shit that doesn't cost a ton of money.

also i didn't know it closed, that place was so damn bomb.

also there is no metro to Georgetown at all.

13. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

I’m available that weekend to chaperone. I’d love to meet you and DaveK. I’m in Pasadena MD but I drive down to Tyson’s to Redhat Consulting Hq there on occasion. I was there last week for an interview.

And my first name is almost Dern. So you can call me that and that and I won’t be offended.

14. CausticYarn

I can't commit to the weekend because of networking events - I have Wednesday and Thursday that I was able to keep free.
    Sadly - that usually doesn't work for people far out.

15. CausticYarn

Well, that happened fast.
    Anyone figure out if they are in the area Wednesday or Thursday evening?

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

The kid has practice until 8:30 on Wednesday and 8 with a scrimmage after on Thursday. :(

17. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Have @CausticYarn come with you and yell obscenities at the refs and other team's parents... but not the kids :)

18. CausticYarn

It's cool. I will just get drunk at the hotel bar and go for a swim in the pool.
    :D

19. pdt155

pdt155 Active Member

Takumi in Falls Church, only about a 15 min Uber/Cab from Tysons. Best sushi in the area by far! Been there about once a week since we found it.

20. CausticYarn

How much pre-flight tequila is too much?

Because some guy got me drunk and I continued the theme down the concourse......