1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fun Car for 3rd Vehicle

Discussion in 'General' started by omatter34, May 15, 2018.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Around there I'd go late 60's Caddy ragtop :D

3. MCW

MCW Well-Known Member

4. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Ignored!

stk0308 likes this.
  5. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

What about a preowned TTS? Cabrio or hardtop, fun as f@ck to drive.

6. BigBird

BigBird blah

GTI is amazing and smiles per mile is hard to beat, especially for the price. I love my one, especially since it's so tuner friendly.

But if you're price is $50k, that's like 2 GTIs....so then, how about a F80 M3?Audi RS3? AMG C63S?

EDIT: wait for the M2 Competition

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Have they installed turns on Florida roads since the last time I was there? Get a damn Dodge Hellcat.

8. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

What kind of fun are you looking for?

Cruising around a convertible would be cool. The sound alone of a F-Type is worth it.
    Going fast then GM is the way to go (Corvette or CTS V)
    I would love a Audi RS3 or TTRS, but I wouldnt consider them "Fun", they are great dailys, but not as a 3rd car.

On a budget I think building a little Fiesta ST for autocross would be awesome, it is under-powered enough you can mob around on it without going to prison.

9. BigBird

BigBird blah

Forget the Ford, get the GTI if that's the purpose, and they are coming out with a Golf GTI TCR near the end of the year with what is basically a Golf R in a GTI. It even has an extra radiator and such as the actual TCR race car.

10. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

'73 Gremlin with a 401. :D

11. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

Thats my concern about having these "fun cars". Cruising so smoothly and effortlessly that you untentionally find yourself way over the speed limit. :(

rafa likes this.
  12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

That's why you get something with style too. My vote is still for Porsche, but if reliability checks out, that Jag is a sexy car.

[​IMG]

omatter34 likes this.
  13. speedluvn

What vehicle is that?

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The Jaguar F-Type....

15. speedluvn

Thats it??? It looks small. I was thinking it was a retooled Miata or something.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Only looks small if you think that's Dave driving it :D

17. SPATT

SPATT In a gravel pit near you

Buy my Exige S :)

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

When you sell it, I know where there is a Cup for sale so you can upgrade. :)

19. CBRGriff

CBRGriff Well-Known Member

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Yes, and that’s two different cars btw. The convertible doesn’t look like that with the top up.

rpj likes this.