1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | Jerez | Spain |May 4-6 | 2018

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Apr 30, 2018.

1. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

You're right, he should have come to a complete stop and looked both ways before crossing the apex. :p

aaronson likes this.
  2. 600 dbl are

Is there a time limit you have to be in front of someone before it's officially considered a pass? If they crossed the finish line like that, does Lorenzo still win? :confused:

BigBird and badmoon692008 like this.
  3. G 97

G 97 Garth

Oh Lord. Dern being Dern. :D

4. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I would posit that the interpretation of position at the finish line on the last lap isn't the same as some 14 laps prior to the position of a time on lap 14. In other words, D'ern's claim of "back and forth" was immaterial to understanding where Dani was when George squared off the corner. YMMV

G 97 likes this.
  5. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Wasn't immaterial to Dani... :Poke:

rcarson15 likes this.
  6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

He shoulda just stayed in the paddock. :D

rcarson15 and 600 dbl are like this.
  7. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

No, his butlers probably really appreciate the 40 minutes he is on the track and not in the pits. I could literally hear the groans from his pit when they realized he was coming back early

rcarson15 and pickled egg like this.
  8. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

40 mins if he goes race distance...that is rare these days

The Great One likes this.
  9. 600 dbl are

Great. Now answer the question. How long does someone need to be ahead of someone to consider them passed? Can you posit me that? :D

10. Mechdziner714

Mechdziner714 More Gas Less Brakes

No but a grid marshall sure can if your last name is Marquez.

11. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

One full corner. You're welcome. :D

12. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Yeah I think that was legitimate. Cal wouldn’t buy the better brakes on principle, Dovi just said “ah fuck it” and paid out of pocket so he could score better results. I definitely see Cal’s point, but sometimes you need to do whatever it takes.

It was funny when he was bitching about the fuel tank and when he got it, it tanked his results. The carbon fiber swing arm probably is better, but Cal will probably break it in the gravel traps and be right back to aluminum so it’s a moot point. :D

TLR67 and Bruce like this.
  13. 72westie

72westie Well-Known Member

Lincoln46 and Chango like this.
  14. Chango

Chango Something clever!

And...ordered. Thanks!

15. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

? Not sure I get that. Of course the speed matters. It certainly impacts the potential and the magnitude of a mistake.

But that wasn't really my point. My point was being sick and tired of people blaring on with a tone like if they were on the bike instead of X person they would have done this or that.

GTFO. You're not on the bike. They are. There's a reason they understand and have experienced what it feels like to go 300 clicks down the road. And you and I don't. And I think that reason matters. I can't blink that fast.

There is no way I would ever disagree with you Sean on matters of racing integrity: to me, you ARE racing integrity.

But racing experience is I think something different? I wouldn't presume to know what it feels like to ride at Marc, Jorge, Maverick, Vale speed, perhaps you do? And then take the leap that you know (and would have presumably done better) to navigate through? Well, good for you. That's my point, the tone.

16. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

Can someone explain why the crash with the big boys was just a racing incident (which I agree with) and why Canet had a similar situation and got a penalty? From my view he was backing it in, probably a little hot, and lost the front. He just happened to collect some other bikes with him. Didn't seem to be some crazy bonzai dive and he's not some newb at a trackday. He wasn't swerving around or riding over his head for the whole race. He just lost the front and seemed to catch an unusual amount of criticism for it.

17. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

He's a habitual offender.

He saw red mist and intentionally took someone out just a race or two ago during practice, and was let off without a penalty. He's now basically riding on probation, and he's going to continuously get punished whenever his ambition outweighs his talent.

BigBird likes this.
  18. Chango

Chango Something clever!

Basically this. If Márquez had done the same thing Dani did, he would have been more likely to be penalized due to his bowling ball impersonation in Argentina.

19. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Fans of any sport make comments on the actions of the players. It has nothing to do with tone, or the common person's lack of having gone 180 mph, but has everything to do with expecting a certain level of performance and/or action/reaction from the very, very select few people in the entire world riding on this particualar stage. You've never commented on a seemingly moronic action of any favorite player or team of any sport?

20. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Well, perhaps we disagree. I think it has quite a lot to do with tone.

Moronic vs. seemingly moronic. That is tone. To me, the former implies peerage, the latter allows room for the benefit of the doubt to accrue to the participant, who is, you know, actually participating.

As a lifelong sports fan, I have screamed and hurled
    all manner of expletives and objects in the

excitement and passion of the moments, in celebration, and in disappointment.

I hope that I have never implied, with the lack of
    amplifying adjectives, to appear as a peer. Because I am not, from that perspective. Sports are to uplift, are they not? Don't get the ugliness.

Last edited: May 11, 2018