1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | Jerez | Spain |May 4-6 | 2018

Discussion in 'General' started by BigBird, Apr 30, 2018.

1. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

That's a tough call. Dani & Jorge (as much as I am negative on him currently), were both neutral in their post-race comments and clearly call it as an unfortunate, and unusual "racing incident."

Dovi (as much as I like him) was quick to cast blame, mostly upon Dani, but also upon Jorge. That's too bad - - his PR would have been far better served by saying little, attributing the unfortunate and unusual incident to bad luck, and going on. I know he had the most to lose, and did in fact lose a lot, but . . . .

Cheers,

Dave

Phl218 and The Great One like this.
  2. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

If there's ANYone at "fault" (IMO there isn't it was %100 racing incident), it's Dovi. His bonzai pass cause the whole chain reaction. Without that, it never would have happened. But still a racing incident.

AJ, Lincoln46, BigBird and 1 other person like this.
  3. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Damn, Pedrosa can't catch a break. Even when he crashes, people make short jokes.

scottn, rcarson15, Yzasserina and 2 others like this.
  4. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

That's 'cause the f@ckos around here are heightists!!!! :D

Phl218 likes this.
  5. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

More proof that you're out of your god damn mind.

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

So, you're Dani Pedrosa...

7. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

Talking about blame??
    Well after Crashlows and Rins wrecks they mentioned Dovi getting lucky with damage limitation with his gifted positions.

So definitely this was the commentators curse!
    To add, Simon Crafar was on the mic when the incident happened. Just sayin'!

Blame the commentators :p

Phl218 likes this.
  8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Every time you do this, he wins a race or gets a contract. Thank you. :D

Last edited: May 6, 2018
    The Great One likes this.
  9. Afyer watching it again hard to tell exactly from the angle but looks like George cut inside pretty abruptly and Pedro was as inside as he could’ve been. Blame= George. I’d love to blame Pedro as I can’t stand him but he’s innocent. George going to BBS jail.

jonathanp and pickled egg like this.
  10. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

:crackup:

11. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Alot of people would be better off if they learned to stay of Twitter.

12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Even though your statement is 100% truth, if you're talking about Dovizioso, he wasn't on twitter. The tweet I posted has a link to the website where the article is written. Think of it as a headline, if you will.

The Great One likes this.
  13. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Watch the video on Motogp.com. He blames everybody else, even jorge's pit crew for not telling him there wasn't a third rider lol. His head is seriously in a different orbit than everybody else's sometimes.

This reminds me of another incident a couple years ago (last year maybe?) where his post race interview made it seem like he was talking about a different incident altogether he was so far out to lunch.

14. Lincoln46

Lincoln46 Well-Known Member

It all started with Dovis pass however Lorenzo is next line for blame. Pedro was exiting the apex and obviously can’t see what’s going on to his left however Lorenzo should’ve been able to see Pedro. Unusual situation.

OldSchlPunk and tiggen like this.
  15. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

Dovi's comment about Lorenzo's pit crew is actually the only thing I agreed with out of his whole statement.

Most of the top riders have the number of riders immediately behind them displayed on their pit board when there is a group following. One can assume it is to prevent incidents exactly like this. If Jorge knew that there was a third rider behind him, I doubt he would've tried to get back to the apex so aggressively.

Pedrosa was simply in the wrong place at the wrong time (only in racing can the right line end up being the "wrong place"). Dovi/Lorenzo opened up a door that two bikes could've easily fit through side by side. Pedrosa took a tight racing line through and was carrying on about his business.

It's definitely a racing incident, as validated by race direction. But if you HAD to blame someone, it definitely shouldn't be Pedrosa.

OldSchlPunk, BigBird and rcarson15 like this.
  16. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Proof that I’m 100% correct? Thanks. I’ll take the compliment.

track wagon likes this.
  17. For sure it was just a racing incident but we have to blame someone so I’ll blame George. You are right about Pedrosa, he seems the only guy this would happen to.

BigBird likes this.
  18. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Race Director Mike Webb speaks, affirms Lorenzo was ahead and Pedrosa tried for a gap that wasn't there.

"A very similar incident years ago [2012] in Barcelona with [Marc] Marquez and [Pol] Espargaro, with a rider running wide and then coming back on track. I wasn’t Race Director at the time, but I remember it was penalised, and I remember also that the penalty was overturned by the FIM saying, that’s not a fair penalty. The rider was ahead.

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/895413/1/pedrosa-disappointed-race-direction-after-fall

19. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

There was a gap a semi could drive through there. Lorenzo slammed into a rider that was on the race line, holding his line. Lorenzo fucked up. Game, set, match.

20. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Maybe in your world but according to the rules you are wrong.

Robby-Bobby likes this.