1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RIP Annette

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Apr 18, 2018.

1. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

2. Such a bummer. A few guys I pitted with at a Fontana round for a practice day before a WERA round knew her and she pitted with us. Super nice, eager to learn and a great ambassador for motorcycling. RIP.

3. t500racer

t500racer Never Fails To Fail

Not exactly the best surname given the circumstances of her unfortunate demise. RIP

4. RIP rider, gone too soon :(

5. BJR119

BJR119 Well-Known Member

I worked with her briefly in Orange County. Pleasant girl and a large figure in the SoCal riding community. She was also a competent rider, but public roads (especially Ortega Hwy) are not the best for spirited rides.

The Great One likes this.
  6. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I live very close to Ortega and do not ride it often, lots of poor visibility through the corners and I've seen way too many people crossing the center line.

RIP

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  7. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Lots of accidents on Ortega we were told last time I was there. A nice twisty road, but fast regardless. I could see it being dangerous. RIP rider.

8. BJR119

BJR119 Well-Known Member

its insane how dangerous it is. Even if you are riding/ driving casual the risk is high due to other behaviors on the road. I noticed the mentality there was all about canyon riding and treating it like a race track. I could never get along with that idea. It is a real shame that we lose great people to it. Annette seemed level headed when riding and she was skilled. I have no idea how it happened, but it sucks to lose a great ambassador for the sport and female riders. It looks like they had a very nice service for her, she will be missed.

9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

I think what it said in the article she was out riding by herself and took a corner too fast (about 2x the posted speed), couldn't make it and left the pavement. Unfortunately where she went off was ~ a 50 ft drop at the edge of the road :(