1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Atlanta area traffic

Discussion in 'General' started by Mblashfield, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Mblashfield

Mblashfield Well-Known Member

this is the most God aweful traffic experience of my life and I’ve lived around the world, twice.
    The city planners here must be fucking morons.

If you live here, you don’t live here, you die here. You lose 8 days of your life every hour in this bullshit traffic.

The suicide rate here must be off the charts. Dentists can’t live past age 26 here.

There’s no fucking way overnight parcels can be delivered to this area, no fucking way.

Does ANYTHING get done on time or on schedule here? It can’t be possible.

ToofPic likes this.
  2. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

We’ve built bridges under budget and early :shrug:

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I have no issues, but I also don't try to go through any metroplex on Friday during rush hour.... :D

4. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

have a nice day.jpg

I hope that helps.

Shenanigans and Metalhead like this.
  5. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Did they rebuild the bridge that collapsed from fire?

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's the one he's talking about.

7. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

LOL. Its bad, but not nearly as bad as LA/SOCAL.

And yeah...if your trying to go the wrong way at the wrong time, your F&^%(ED

dtalbott and Metalhead like this.
  8. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Today was perticularly special with 2 18 wheeles on their sides. One on the NW side and one on the South. Only chance is if you were passing thru E to W

TLR67 likes this.
  9. Yep, nothing better than landing from an international flight at about 4pm you live north. The traffic is one of the worst but I still think Chicago traffic sucks more.

dtalbott, Phl218 and ChemGuy like this.
  10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Thats when WAZE, GPS or local knowledge comes into play. Many days I drove from ATL to Woodstock at 5pm, lost of side streets or Id still be driving home.

11. Pneumatico Delle Vittorie

Pneumatico Delle Vittorie Retired "Tire" Guy

? Anyone that knows hot Atlanta knows 2 use the gas petal! Shit even the grey hairs go 70 to 80 in the 55 zone.

And if u think that's bad try Miami or even worse Milan Italy!! Atlanta is a pleasure

Phl218 likes this.
  12. Torn7th

Torn7th Well-Known Member

Miami is hell... Trust me

13. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

City livin'...just what did you expect when you cram 8 million people into a couple of square miles? By the way, the GW parkway around DC has got to be the worst ever.

14. 3.5 years of Atlanta traffic, going on 10 years of LA traffic, spent a lot of time in DC and grew up in NY. Atlanta is #3 on the list of shit bag traffic for me. DC, NY, ATL and LA in that order.

15. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Traffic's not a problem where I live. :D

16. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Driving around in the Middle East, or India, is worse, or so I’m told.

For example; two dudes driving nice cars in Saudi were screaming at each other while stopped at a light. One dude floored it, pirouetted through the intersection, turned his car around, and slammed straight into the guy with which he was arguing.

That level of hell has yet to make its way here. Not even to Detroit.

The key to survival driving in The States is acting like you care about your wheels less than the or the guy. THAT, is how you “win” on US roads.

17. I couldn’t imagine driving in india, Vietnam, Thailand, etc. It looks terrifying.

18. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

Went through Atlanta on the way to Florida and back a couple of weeks ago. Added 2 hours to the trip down and 3 to the trip back. If I never see that place again it will be too soon.

19. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Helps to be driving somebody else's vehicle and to outweigh them by 70,000 pounds.

Marid2apterbilt likes this.
  20. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I swear one time it took me longer to go from Road A to north of the city than the rest of the drive back to Louisville. At least it felt that way:D