1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MotoGP | Gran Premio Motul de la República Argentina| 06 Apr - 08 Apr | 2018

Discussion in 'General' started by I'm with Stupid, Apr 3, 2018.

1. The Great One

The Great One Well-Known Member

I'm glad AE41 managed to keep it upright.

galloway840 likes this.
  2. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

Funny, the 30 sec penalty officially allowed MM to finish 1 spot in front of 46. You'd think they might have adjusted the penalty enough to allow 46 to officially score ahead...

3. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Well let's not get crazy, he only punted him and Aleix Espargaro. But Marquez will need some serious bodyguards when he goes to Italy...or pretty much anywhere in Europe lol

Also, I find it odd that Marquez got penalized right away for punting Aleix, yet Zarco got nothing for crashing Pedrosa out. Not that I'm complaining, cuz I wanted Frenchy to win, but how is that fair??

scottn, snikwad, jonathanp and 2 others like this.
  4. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I don't think there is any defense for MM now when the crowd boos him in EVERY country.

"Sorry dawg"

[​IMG]

scottn and galloway840 like this.
  5. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

This one race about made the whole MotoGP year pass totally worth it haha. I've never said WTF so many times during a race (and during the grid procedure too). Awesome! LOL

I remember those seasons where whole races would be boring af. These last few years have definitely been making up for it

6. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I just said that to my wife, he might end up dead pissing off the Italians.

7. galloway840

galloway840 Well-Known Member

They didn't show every pass, you think it was just those two? Anyway, the whole paddock will watch and form opinions, none will be favorable.

I agree with the Zarco comments- he should also receive a penalty for what he did to 26..

CRA_Fizzer likes this.
  8. Lazy Destroyer

Lazy Destroyer Well-Known Member

Jesus, you think you had s bad day at the office? Imagine being Mike Webber today!
    He was probably all thanking god they finally started the race, thinking he could relax.

Race Director: "well damn today couldn't get any worse"
    Marquez: "hold my beer"

9. Yzasserina

Yzasserina sound it out

Hahahahahah I can't lip read, but I'm pretty sure there was a vaffanculo, buttana and testa di cazzo in there...fuck off whore dickhead lolololololol...

XFBO, sbk1198 and Steeltoe like this.
  10. HPPT

HPPT !!!

"You don't get to speak to my boo. Leave, now!"

eggfooyoung and Razr like this.
  11. GrayGhost

GrayGhost Well-Known Member

Somebody grab my pitchfork, 'toe whip me up a map to Austin, MM Paella is on the menu

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

J lo fans wanna chime in about his stellar performance this weekend?

Too soon? :D

13. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

I like VR more than MM but VR left that door wide open, I dont think MM intended to take him out. he's just a spirited rider.. and goes where that spirit leads him. theyve been known to cause problems.

I dont forsee anything changing MM at this point short of a tragedy. penalties and boos etc. are only gonna make it worse.

sadly, I think its bound to happen and just hope its limited to his own tragedy and not anothers.

deathblow likes this.
  14. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Idk, could be, but usually the camera people/broadcasters are pretty good about showing the "exciting" moves, like when there is contact.

But what ever happened to the time penalties? I'm so confused on how they decide the penalties on the spot. Like do they flip coins between dropping a number of places, ride-through penalty, and time or what?? It used to be that they'd give out time penalties like when Rossi got that 10-sec penalty in PI long ago and the team told him on the board. Doing it that way I feel is safer because you don't end up with a shit show like this. If they would've just given Marquez a 30-sec penalty from the beginning instead of a ride through he would've been well on his merry way leading the race by a lot or crashing trying to push to hard, and then just add the 30 seconds at the end. Feels like a safer way to do it IMO rather than putting a wrecking ball behind everyone else and watch the carnage lol

galloway840 likes this.
  15. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

I wonder if later in the season when Rossi realizes he's out of the championship hunt he'll say fuck it and drive right into the side of MM and wreck him. Kinda like NASCAR.

16. DucatiBomber

DucatiBomber DJ Double A

I counted 5 Infractions:
    -Left grid spot early
    -Rode bike counter race direction
    -Ignored grid Marshall
    -Hit two riders causing one to crash.
    Pretty shameful

Ride safe,
    AAron

XFBO, R1Racer99, MachineR1 and 3 others like this.
  17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

He already kicked him :D

galloway840 and Steeltoe like this.
  18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

The problem is that he wasn't passing Rossi for first place. In the position they were in, and considering their history, he should have been extra careful. There is one guy on the grid he can't afford to take out. He should have waited an extra lap, if that was what it took.

sbk1198 likes this.
  19. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

0 to 0?

20. vasser67

vasser67 Well-Known Member

I'm actually a Big VR fan, chearing for the old guys, and still pissed at MM for messing Rossi's Championship up a couple years ago, but even though MM was a little rough on the field, he had them covered and I feel he was a standup rider to walk to Rossi's pit at the end...They should have hugged it out and moved on

deathblow likes this.