1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ferguson v Khabib!!

Discussion in 'General' started by JBraun, Feb 21, 2018.

1. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Oh SHIT!! I'm so geeked about this I can hardly stand it.

I know there aren't that many MMA fans around here, but they just announced they're headlining UFC 223 on April 7th for the 155 belt. I love watching both of these guys fight and I'm jacked.

Bonus: unless Conor signs a deal to fight the winner prior to 223, they're going to have to strip his belt. You know he'll get a title shot if and when he returns, which means he'll be fighting the winner, and win or lose will probably fight the other next.

Between this and Stipe/DC, I'm definitely giving the UFC my money in 2018.

XFBO and Shenanigans like this.
  2. socalrider

socalrider pathetic and rude

Khabib will be "injured in training" a week before the fight. Take some deep breathing time and calm down man :D

3. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

:D No way man. That was old Khabib. He just went too hard in training and broke himself.

His last camp was flawless. New Khabib is scary as shit.

socalrider likes this.
  4. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I have hated Ferguson since TUF but you cant argue with those results. I think Ferguson will take it.

5. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I’m afraid I have to agree with @socalrider on this one. I want to like Khabib, but I just don’t. I do like that afro hat thing he wears though. :D

socalrider likes this.
  6. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

Alhoa Snackbar Kahbib!

Fergusson will beat the allah out of him

badmoon692008 likes this.
  7. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

will there be ice dancing?

Sabre699 likes this.
  8. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Sometimes I’m glad I couldn’t get into that show. I only watched a few episodes, but it sounds like a lot of fighters made fools of themselves.

9. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I just think he’s just a different kind of character. He lives to fight. I think there’s a toughness you get growing up and training in Dagestan that can’t be ignored.

I know his style isn’t a fan favorite but I love it. It’s crazy how he just overwhelms everyone. Ferguson definitely has a shot, but he’s never seen anything like that. No one has.

10. socalrider

I want them both healthy and to watch that war... it should be brutal. I just feel like I've been burnt too many times by Khabib. It's personal now :D :D

JBraun and badmoon692008 like this.
  11. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Or eat too much tiramisu

12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Nobody else thought this was about a court case?

13. socalrider

welp, the fight has changed, and not because of khabib. damnit Ferguson!!!

@JBraun

thoughts?

14. condon66

condon66 Member well known

And Dana says never again will it be booked. This is the fourth time it didn't materialize.

15. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Just bummed man. If everything is as-advertised, that’s about as much a freak incident as you can imagine.

I don’t know what to say about the Holloway matchup either. Max has some giant balls. He’s been talking about a fight at 155 for a while but holy shit. Coming up a weight class on 6 days notice to fight the scariest guy in the division? That’s a brave man.

XFBO likes this.
  16. socalrider

agreed. i like Max but i am worried for him for exactly the reasons you stated.

17. jaybirdka

jaybirdka Well-Known Member

Didn't Holloway pull out of his March fight with a leg injury? Wonder if it's gonna hamper him. Tough fight for him either way.

18. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

One thing people are forgetting is that he’s still going to have a difficult weight cut for 6 days. Max is a big 145er. At almost 6’ tall, he’s probably walking around at least at 165-170. He’s got to cut 10-15 lbs in a short window, then fight the strongest guy in the division. Not ideal.

I love him for it though. My favorite fighters are the anwhere, anytime guys.

19. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Yeah I forgot what the injury was. I was actually pretty pumped that happened because it gave T City a shot, and I’m a huge fan. Hopefully he’s healed up.

20. SteveThompson

SteveThompson Banned by amafan

I'm not buying it. I bet he got hurt in training. He tried to tough it out and then made up this silly excuse.