1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Frivolous lawsuit against Keigwins trackday organization:gofundme link

Discussion in 'General' started by duc995, Mar 13, 2018.

1. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

So you did not stay in a Holiday Inn last night, you are an actual lawyer. :D

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

It would be a real tragedy to lose that track.

eggfooyoung and G 97 like this.
  3. wrx_02

wrx_02 Well-Known Member

Well said, I thought the same, just couldn't make my point like you did.

Gorilla George likes this.
  4. KrooklynSV

KrooklynSV Usual Suspect

There's some funny posts on BARF about this gofundme.

wrx_02 likes this.
  5. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

All I know is that Mongo is clearly doing this mortorcycle org thing wrong:crackup:

[​IMG]

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That's why I added the whatever, can't remember the proper term. We did go after the lawyer and it was for the Vexatious litigation (but they do call it something else) since he knew going in there was no case and literally told our lawyer in front of witnesses his only purpose was to put us out of business and make sure we couldn't get insurance. He also acted improperly right after the incident calling Evelyne trying to get information and telling her that the rider had let his insurance lapse a couple months earlier and all sorts of other things. He also called and lied to the insurance company trying to get our limits so he could sue at or above them. Just shyster bullshit all around. I'm pissed we lost the case, the facts did bear out that he was doing illegal things but the elected judge and his buddy the ex-judge saved him. Interestingly his co-counsel who did Evelynes deposition quit the firm and I have a feeling his bosses are less than happy with the entire thing.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Holy shit yes I am! Damn, I still feel guilty about the RV even though it saves WERA money overall and make sure to tell people the Ho had 100k miles when I bought it.

wrx_02 likes this.
  8. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

I think that Ferrari showed up after Lance Keigwin sold to the current guy. so its just like motorcycle racing in general. how do u get a Ferrari while owning a trackday organization - start with a ton of money, buy trackday org, buy Ferrari.

9. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

Doesn't/didn't the GoFundMe page say that all the money not used in defending the lawsuit will go to the RRW Action Fund?

I just skimmed it, but thought I saw that tossed in at the end.

Regardless I agree, caveat emptor.

10. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

It did. But it's all the more reason why I don't get why the owner is crowdfunding a legal defense fund for a suit that is already being covered by his insurance.

Gorilla George likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It says that - but who does the accounting? :D

12. G 97

G 97 Garth

Drop a link to this thread in it. :crackup:

13. racesbikes

racesbikes WTB a Size 50/60 Race Suit

That's was my point in agreeing with Chaotic......:D

Gorilla George and panthercity like this.
  14. wrx_02

wrx_02 Well-Known Member

15. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

So did our side win? I ain't been keeping up.

G 97 likes this.
  16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Pretty much. When I tucked the front going into T1 @ NJMP a few years ago I ended up sliding to a stop in that paved run-off section and my bike continued to slide out to the gravel trap. When Caroline Olsen had her horrific crash there last fall she made it all the way out and struck the tire wall but I think they said she had a front brake failure, and that's definitely a recipe for disaster.

Screen Shot 2018-03-14 at 3.07.21 PM.png

17. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Gullible or not, he's racked up over $11K for himself already.

18. G 97

G 97 Garth

Yes, like I stated, gullible. ;)

19. Gecko

Gecko Well-Known Member

Given the beeb climate (pitchforks, trebuchets & 3ft screwdrivers), I'll go with staying at a Holiday Inn Express last night. :D

Didn't know, sorry to hear (both about the suit and the shyster bullshit). I've worked on a few (and currently working on one), and vexatious suits are challenging.

G 97 likes this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Like I said, paying them off sucked but still worth it to make them think in the future. Guess I screwed up by not doing a gofundme :D