1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

08 R6 Performance Mods

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Nytrozula, Aug 15, 2017.

1. Nytrozula

Nytrozula Well-Known Member

I have an 08 R6 that I would like to get another 10-12hp out of so I can keep up with my buddies GSXR 750 at the track. It pisses me off that I work so damn hard to stay in front or close to him only to lose it all down the long straights! I have a $1500 budget. The bike already has a full Hindle exhaust and PCIII tune. The bike is in the Chicagoland area but don't mind driving 3 hours if needed to get it to the right shop. Any ideas or suggestions where the money can be best spent? I tried the liter bike route already but I just can't ride it the way I can ride the R6.

2. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

1500 bucks will get you started on a supersport build (milled head, thin head gasket, degreed cams, ss valve job, tuning etc.) but that's not going to get you 12 hp (or 750 level power). For that you need a superbike build where the question is "how much power do you want?", and the answer is "How much do you have to spend?"

Start thinking 2 mm over pistons, cams, head work in addition to the supersport stuff and you are way out of your budget.

Or just spend it on track time and tires...

Good luck!

3. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

4. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

u already have the ECU flashed and gone through by a good tuner? no sense in talking about HP if u havent.

Gcooper9 likes this.
  5. Gcooper9

Gcooper9 Washed up Deals gap wannabe

Any updates? A full race ECU flash would do wonders for you. That and a thinner head gasket would help tremendously

6. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

Your budget and your expectation do not match. Save up.