1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

My sig 938 had feed issues initially. The dealer was awesome and just gave me a new gun. The second one works flawlessly so I'm chalking it up as a fluke.

I was asking earlier about a daily carry and the Taurus curve. Dealer talked me out of it and I ended up with a bodyguard .380. It's tiny, which is good because I live in Cali and may have to conceal it in my rectum to avoid being arrested...

2. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

I forked over for the FDE version with factory aftermarket tritiums so we'll see how they run. The stock trigger is fairly flat and light compared to the Glocks so I'll be interested to see if my accuracy improves. Barrel looks to be built for a 500 S&W round

3. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

It's a sad day indeed. One of the finest side arms ever produced will be no more.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/a16720630/browning-hi-power-production-ends/

On that note I present the family Hi-Power. My father bought this in 1968 for under $200. It was the first firearm over a .22 that I ever shot. When I was a kid I thought it was the coolest gun ever made. When I graduated boot camp in 1980 and came home for my first leave, my dad handed me the Browning and said it was mine now...I earned it. I used it for the friendly competitions we used to have with the local police and marine patrol and did quite well. And then I packed it away as newer pistols appeared.

I called dad last night to tell him that his simple purchase was now a collectors item. Ends up the T series (which this is) is one of the most collectible Hi-Powers made. He just laughed and said, it's just a pistol. One thing is for sure, it will be handed down to my kids.

[​IMG]

4. BJR119

BJR119 Well-Known Member

Ha, the barrel is a good chunk of metal, however the slide is narrower and lighter than a G19. The trigger isn't perfect, however it is one of the best out of the box striker triggers I've felt. Good call on the Tritium and FDE, I was lucky to even get my hands on the plain jane back one.

5. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

If you don't own at least one firearm designed by John Moses Browning you ain't no man, nor American. Why isnis he in a coin or a bill yet?

6. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

I have a Browning T-shirt with an exploded drawning of one of their handguns, does that count?:crackup:

Just built myself a Poly80/Glock 22 DIY pistol. Actually shoots nicely. Grip is more 1911 angle vs the glock angle. pf940v2G22.jpg

Steeltoe likes this.
  7. terminus est

terminus est Be prepared

You need to read a Wikipedia article and repent by firing a 1911. Nice pistol! Sounds like fun. What does a kit like that cost?

8. Used2Bfast 2

Used2Bfast 2 Still in the saddle

I also handed down my 1960s Belgium made Hipower to my son when he came of age 14 yrs ago. Has the old style factory adjustable sites.

rd400racer likes this.
  9. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

1517977294412[1].png

gt#179 and scottn like this.
  10. scottn

scottn Well-Known Member

That is beautiful!

11. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

Well, Sig put production of the P365 on hold. Quote below from Phil Strader of Sig USA. Kudos to them for flat out admitting things early and even joining FB discussion groups to talk about these things openly. As I said previously, I'll wait until they are out in the wild for a while, but the package looks like a winner.

"Again, thanks for everyone’s input and feedback with regards to the P365. There have been isolated incidents of the pistol’s failure to return to battery. Although this can possibly be traced back to a grip issue (whether unlocked wrists or high thumbs), we do not want even rare instances of issues to make our customers lose confidence in the P365. Therefore, we are tweaking the gun to improve RTB conditions. This will help to allow every 365 user to experience what so many have already expressed online in very positive reviews. We are making these adjustments now and will resume shipping very shortly. Thanks again for everyone’s patience."

triplestrong likes this.
  12. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Many people said it was coming when Remington sold to Freedom Group. Remington is filing for bankruptcy.

13. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

That's cool as hell. Not familiar with that process, care to share some details?

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

15. Scotty87

16. knutz

knutz Well-Known Member

Yep it's just like doing an 80% lower.

I've got 3 glocks and for each one I've ordered one of the 80% polomer lowers. I just like he grip angle better than the standard Glock.

I've never really liked glocks to be honest but there's no denying they are pretty damn reliable. Now I've got the reliability with a grip I feel comfortable shooting.

17. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

I'm ready to join the 21st century and get a decent polymer pistol. I really like the XD 9mm 5". I don't know much about them. Any comments or something else I should be looking at. Not a fan of Glocks (but I have an open mind...the new 19X looks interesting).

18. shakazulu12

shakazulu12 Well-Known Member

All the major brands work fine. It's mostly personal preference. Some people don't like the XD safety and the striker retainer pin setup.

19. knutz

knutz Well-Known Member

How bout the PPQ Q5

Had the opportunity to shoot one the other day and loved the way it pointed and shot

20. Scotty87

Hated mine.

Just didn't like the way it felt. Other than that, fine piece. Just didn't gel with it.