1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star Wars Ep 8: The Last Jedi

Discussion in 'General' started by SPL170db, Jan 23, 2017.

1. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Is this one going to be about a Death Star or some Death Star ripoff ? Why do 90% of these movies involve that thing? Come up with something other than that stupid idea. The original movies were campy and entertaining.

2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

8......there's a 9th coming out 4/19/19 and a 10th coming out 4/2/21, so you should be OK since the F&F saga will outnumber it by 1 :D

3. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

No Death Star in this one. But, Snoke does have a Mega Destroyer, which won't be a plot device for this movie.

4. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

WTF kind of name is Snoke anyway. Sounds like a colloquialism for some sort of oral sex act.

bleacht likes this.
  5. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

So, the new movie that they took so long to name...

"Solo: A Star Wars Story"

Wow. Much creative. Amazing original.

It's going to suck. I have foreseen it.

6. Lawn Dart

What an unfortunate screen capture taken from the new Star Wars movie. :Putter::crackup:

My only question is - does she carry Luke around in a backpack during her training?

[​IMG]

7. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Do you feel the Force within you ? :D

Jedb likes this.
  8. Lawn Dart

"Luke Skywalker has been accused of harassment with a lightsaber by a number of Resistance women, leading to his subsequent exile on a remote island."

Gino230, scottn, cha0s#242 and 2 others like this.
  9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

That picture up there is the stuff viral memes (not herpes) are made of for sure.

10. diamondj

diamondj Well-Known Member

Laura Dern steps in as Admiral Holdo (Leia's replacement) to lead the rebellion. I guess Mon Mothma gets taken out somewhere along the story line as well?

[​IMG]

Per the article I found - "According to Dern, Holdo’s appearance was painstakingly designed by the film’s crew, right down to her semi-faded hair color. The character’s appearance is meant to challenge stereotypes about women in positions of authority that are all too relevant in our world. “Like if she looks a certain way, she can’t achieve the job or she must be brazen,” Dern said. “You know, all the different versions of what we label someone. I mean, there are reasons why I might look the way I look.”

Not going to lie - I have a bad feeling about this (Episode VIII)....

11. Rebel635

Rebel635 Well-Known Member

Jeez...so its a total diff universe, who knows how much time before or after our timeline, thousands of species and yet we are trying to say the same stereotypes exist there too...

Eat a dick!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  12. Lawn Dart

Ah, yes, she looks to be from planet Giraffidon. The tall-necked people there choose their genders when they're old enough, and they use hair color to signify their non-conformance to societal labels.

13. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Relax guys, it's just The Star Wars.

14. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Social Justice Wars

[​IMG]

Mot Okstef likes this.
  15. NemesisR6

NemesisR6 Gristle McThornbody

One more week.

Runtime is clocking in at 2h 32m. Force Awakens was 2h 15m.

Kids have been pestering me for weeks. But I'm not gonna lie, taking them to these movies each December the last couple years and seeing the looks on their faces when the lights go dim in the theater has become a highlight for me.....

pjzocc, Jedb and bleacht like this.
  16. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

The red carpet world-premiere event is actually tomorrow in LA apparently. Then I guess the rest of us schleps will get to see it a week from now. Not like the stars who are invited to the event will give an accurate account of final product whether it sucks or not anyway.

17. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I will probably watch it as soon as Delta gets it on their entertainment system and I want to kill a couple hours.

18. Lawn Dart

I'm going... just so I have new material to pick at... :D

19. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I can't wait myself. My kids have renewed my interest in the series.

20. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

I call my ass “The Force”. In the morning, right after the alarm goes off, I fart at my wife and say “The Force Awakens”.

She calls me a jackass and gets out of bed.

The end.

Mot Okstef, Funkm05 and MGM like this.