1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School me, Robot sweeper thingys.

Discussion in 'General' started by assjuice cyrus, Nov 21, 2017.

1. assjuice cyrus

assjuice cyrus Well-Known Member

Do these things work. Thinking maybe a Christmas gift for the wife? What do I look for, must haves,don't needs,yada yada yada.

2. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Get the one that leaves in the morning. :D

3. assjuice cyrus

To risky. Her and the wife might catch me in my measurement lies..

JustaNobody likes this.
  4. wac

wac Well-Known Member

I had 2 neato high end models, one last me a bit over 1 year , the other one 6 months , they break a lot , got them knowing that from Best Buy , purchase the extended warranty and exchange them as they break.
    If you clear the path enough they work ok.

5. FlynScotsman

FlynScotsman Well-Known Member

Wife got the Neato BotVac Connected (https://www.neatorobotics.com/robot-vacuum/botvac-connected-series/botvac-connected/) and loves the thing. We have 95% vinyl laminate floors and three dogs (One who is 13yrs and the fur just falls off him) and if you don't vacuum you have tumbleweeds in 2 -3 days so this helps. Its not perfect but it does a good job. When the battery is low it goes back to base and recharges then returns to the original spot and resumes cleaning. We need to keep up on dumping the collection bin if it has not run in a few days. She can control it from her phone which she likes and it transitions from the hard floors to deep pile rugs without an issue. Overall it does a good job and is cheaper than running a regular vacuum. Down sides, it does take longer to clean and it is fairly loud if you are in the room you are cleaning.

Hope this helps!!

6. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

Just make sure your dog doesn’t shit in the house before it goes to work. There are plenty of videos featuring tank-track dog poo around the web.

7. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Well times question. Was considering one of these as well. But not sure f the Roomba models are any good.

8. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

I have a dishwasher like that. It works ok as long as I clean the plates enough.

badmoon692008, 418 and G 97 like this.
  9. stangmx13

stangmx13 Well-Known Member

a sister-in-law has the Eufy Robovac11. Eufy is Anker's home automation company. Anker makes great electronics products that seem to be well-made and just work. their home is essentially one big hardwood floor, so the robovac cleans pretty much all of it. theyve got a 60lbs dog that sheds a lot and it does a great job. most of the stuff on the underside like wheels and rollers just pop out for easy cleaning. theyve had it for 3months now and it hasnt had one issue. im contemplating getting the same one since i have 2 cats. but our bottom floor isnt nearly as square.

BigBird likes this.
  10. FlynScotsman

Wife looked at the reviews and settled on the Neato. We have had it about 3 months so it is hard to gauge the longevity.

11. FlynScotsman

Sound like you need to replace the dishwasher........she/he is doing a Crappy job!!

JustaNobody and Brad like this.
  12. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

Whatever company she bought it from is supposed to come fix it.

13. G 97

G 97 Garth

Cat. This is the reason I want a robotic sweeper. Mo fo sheds like a mofo.
    Killer, making all other cats suck.
    11136754_10152916121064482_2171694071484004428_n.jpg

14. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I have two Roomba 760s (I think, maybe 770s?). They work great. The first few times they run you're going to have to empty constantly but then it's just emptying once every couple days.

15. assjuice cyrus

Whats the difference in all the damn models.. lol

And who in the hell spends $700 on a robot sweeper thingy?:D

16. BigBird

BigBird blah

People that don't want to spend $900 :Poke:

17. assjuice cyrus

Wise guy I see eh!!!:moon:

BigBird likes this.
  18. BigBird

BigBird blah

how does these things work if there is a little lip between rooms?

19. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

nobody? really???

I'll take "gifts that suck" for $200 Alex.

beac83 likes this.
  20. groundhogday

groundhogday Well-Known Member

The one we had didn't have any problem crossing the hardwood strip between our living room and kitchen. But it could never dock itself into the charging station by itself on our hardwood flooring unless it was against the wall. The station would just slide.

BigBird likes this.