CCS or FMRRA?

Discussion in 'General' started by DPost, Oct 25, 2017.

1. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Henry has a different setup for his events with regard to practice/racing so the fees are different.

2. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

Henry was at West Palm Beach hospital for hours when I was there with my friend who crashed and was in critical condition, there were at least 3 riders all in critical condition from one day of racing. More were injured. It was not long after that he made the decision to not race there unless something was done. Two, if not three riders never raced again after that. It's one thing to spout off on your keyboard but to see half the track in the waiting room for intensive care residents puts it in perspective.

malott442, Pixelator, scottn and 8 others like this.
  3. dantheman

dantheman Yeah, it hurt.....

Yeah I will defer to Sean and Henry when it comes to what's really safe. Even tho I have been at this a good number of years. Not sure what the Henry fan boy comment is all about? I can say this however. I had a hell of a highside and he did call and check on me and asked if there was anything I needed or what he could do if I needed it. Goes a long way in my book.

It still stands tho, how can FMRRA get away with racing or whatever it is at Jennings and WERA and CCS cannot? Seems odd if not down right shady. I guess the cows and maters like them better I suppose. ..

t11ravis likes this.
  4. Which sucks because I love me some Jennings. It is my 2nd favorite track behind Road Atlanta.

dantheman likes this.
  5. dantheman

Yep me to bro. Hence why I keep beating the fricken dead horse! !

Gorilla George likes this.
  6. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Favorite and closest ! :crackup:

dantheman likes this.
  7. dantheman

Lol you know this Travis!

t11ravis likes this.
  8. Odilup

Odilup Well-Known Member

Interested to know where you guys had the spill?

9. Scuba Steve

Scuba Steve Wheelchair Pimp

Maybe someone in FMRRA is banging the manager at JGP....:Putter:

HD goes above and beyond for injured racers, Visited me in Miami after my crash and always called to check on me while I went thru rehab. Hell he kept offering me a job at the races until I finally caved in. #1 Thing he's worried about is riders safety! When a race org opperates under trackday insurance it's all red flags from there for me

MELK-MAN and Gorilla George like this.
  10. dantheman

Ironically mine was turn 13 Jennings. You know, the place we are no longer allowed to race at...

11. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

I was not one of the people hurt that day. T5, T7, and T8. When you're on a big bike running sub 1:20s you get to the walls when shit goes sideways.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

MELK-MAN likes this.
  12. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

:Pop:

BTW DPost, your CCS (Or WERA) racing license is good for events all around the country if you decide to stick with it. Which is why a bunch of us from the northeast are planning to be at Homestead the first weekend in December.

MELK-MAN likes this.
  13. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

BINGO ..
    I have good friends that are high level racers, and are racing, and conducting business at PBIR and with fmrra. But there is a reason.. $$$. So as much as i want to mention their names, i will not.

14. Odilup

Odilup Well-Known Member

Some good talking points in this thread guys.

I wish I could have a sit down with JU, West and HD.

15. DPost

DPost Member

Sorry, I had no idea what kind of can I was opening on this question!

16. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

Only 6 pages... not too bad. :beer:

Will9465 and DPost like this.
  17. DPost

DPost Member

I appreciate the help. I live in Tampa so def closer to PBIR than Homestead. I have never actually ridden at PBIR since I’ve only done 2 track days in my life (Jennings and Homestead just this past Sunday). They were both amazing to say the least!
    You don’t have to worry about the bickering back and forth on this thread scaring me away. I’ve got the racing itch and nothing can stop me. It’s quite an obsession for me as of the past few months.
    It was also pretty encouraging when the 2 track days I have done I got complimented on my skill level. This past Sunday at Homestead I had one of the trainers ride up to me after one of our afternoon sessions and asked me why the hell Im riding in the novice group and said I needed to move up to intermediate.
    I plan on purchasing a canopy and generator regardless of what league I get into because I know it will be needed for different track days regardless. I do also need tire warmers and a lot of other things to fully be prepared...my check book is def gonna get thin real quick, but I don’t have any doubt it will be worth every penny.
    At this point I’m just trying to gain as much knowledge and skill as possible to put myself in a position to compete and give the top players a run for their money. I may have a ways to go but I’ll get there! Hopefully I can run into a lot of you guys and get to know you more than just your screen name :)

18. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

My last comment on this. It's my perception and it could be right or wrong but this is how I feel.

FMRRA evolved from a track day org whose riders really have no perception of what is or isn't safe regarding proximity of walls etc. I could give them a pass as a new org but the lack of safety persisted and still remains.

They used their influence with the racetrack to try and discourage future events with CCS.

It appeared their business model wasn't to build a successful race series and complete fairly but rather their sole mission was to try to put CCS Florida out of business leaving them no competition and the ability to operate however they please.

In many instances there was extremely limited medical staffing. Again something track day riders wouldn't notice.

Operating races with track day insurance. Thank God no one was hurt badly enough that this bit them in the ass.

Many of the fast racers who participated with FMRRA were paid ringers to legitimize the events.

Even if FMRRA became the only race org in FL it would be a step backwards as they have no national affiliation or national championship.

Sadly it's a reflection of the world we live in were track day riders overnight get to call themselves racers and take home trophies. Track days truly are destroying roadracing.

I have to disclaim the above with the fact that I have never attended an FMRRA event. I have never met anyone in charge of FMRRA so the above are simply what I believe to be true from the information available to me.

The end result is 2 orgs with tiny grids neither being financially viable.

There are so many profitable opportunities had all parties involved found a way to work together which makes this all the more disappointing. There were opportunities to grow the sport in Florida instead of plunging it into termoil.

I sincerely hope clearer heads prevail to an outcome to grow and nurture racing in FL.

19. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

^^ all that.. and fmrra couldn't/wouldn't even come up with their own rule book. They copied CCS rule book page for page and didn't even bother to take out/black out the CCS/ASRA references. The douchebagerey is off the charts.

20. Note: apparently the best way to get rid of someone is to ask them to identify themselves. :crackup:

malott442 likes this.