1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most mileage on your new vehicle.

Discussion in 'General' started by backcountryme, Aug 28, 2017.

1. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

I've got a 2014 TDI (bought new January 2014) with 105K and virtually no significant "road trips" (i.e., all daily driver/commuting miles). Penultimate tank got 48 MPG and 830 miles out of it, and my last tank got ~45MPG with 200 miles of that towing a ~1200 pound trailer.

upload_2017-8-29_17-58-52.png

2. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

We just put 3900 on a rental in 9 days.
    Do you ever tell him to GTFO from behind the wheel & drive HIM around instead? :D

3. KWyman133

KWyman133 Well-Known Member

Just hit 23,000 on my new dually I picked up the week before COTA (Ford took a sh*t right before the season :Puke:).

So I don't know, averaged about 1,100 miles a week since then. Hopefully I can park this thing for awhile this winter because I'm going to wear it out years before I own it :confused:

4. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

I put about 65k a year on mine...get a new one every 1.5-2 years.

I am on my 5th truck in almost 7 years.

5. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Honestly, I don't know. the company handles the leases on my truck. I just drive it where ever I need to be.

6. kaoyagi

kaoyagi Well-Known Member

Average 50k a year. Sometimes I think I just get paid to drive around.

7. Doing some off roading today in my low mileage Jeep, just like I did when it had 200 miles on it.

8. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Our 2012 Rubi only has 32k on it. Rarely gets washed due to it just being used getting dirty it seems...lol I put a big ol scratch in it last time out from a dang branch down the side...have been pretty good up till now. oops

The funnest, most impracticle vehicle we've ever had, and it has no peers. Love it.

9. Clear bra on the entire Jeep. Replace as needed.

10. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

What other color drivers did they have to choose from?

motoracer1100 and auminer like this.
  11. adrenalist

adrenalist Well-Known Member

From zero ball adjustments I currently have 6745 mi.
    [​IMG]
    At an average rate of adjusting my balls (from covert, to extreme facial expressions) of 25 times/day, I have owned my truck for 26,753 forced scrotal relocations.

12. Damn. :crackup:

13. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Just an updated, I just rolled over 80,000 miles. Should be slightly over 81,000 by the time I make it home.

14. BigBird

BigBird blah

Haven't had a car with close to 30K miles on it in about 15 years, most have less than 20K usually in about 3 years and then swapped out. The only that got close to 30K was, you guess it, my Town and Country :D

15. rafa

rafa Well-Known Member

That is a whole lot of driving.
    How often do you do oil changes?

I thought I drove a lot but it is only 100 miles a day.

16. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

I just turned 61000 on my Ram 1500 after 6 yrs, while putting the biggest chunk of miles I've driven in a while last night, Dallas to ATX.

I may be relocating down here, the new workplace is downtown, so that's a bit of miles from where ever I can afford. I'll be putting more miles on a vehicle... If it happens.

17. pjzocc

pjzocc Well-Known Member

My '12 Chevy 2500 just clicked 96k. Bought it new in October '12. Truck has been legit. Haven't had to do a thing to it other than a set of tires. Haven't had to do brakes yet even...

18. ChuckS

ChuckS Well-Known Member

2013 Ford Escape, 173k miles. It’s the daily (50 miles round trip) plus the road tripper to family visits. And the family is spread from WI to FL so we cover some distance.

19. neckbrace

neckbrace Well-Known Member

I put 37k miles on my truck the first year that I had it, been racking up about 20k a year since then.

20. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

Just rolled 80k last night! Bought it April 4th last year, so 12 more days it'll be a year!! Work miles are only about 9k+/year. Rest was traveling for runs/triathlons.

But, it's a 2011 with just over 48k when I purchased it. : )

Most I've put in a year is around 40k.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018