1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

MA PIRC

Discussion in 'General' started by 5axis, Aug 24, 2017.

1. fastfreddie

fastfreddie Midnight Oil Garage

I wouldn't want to hear music. Period.
    I'd rather sit in quiet, anxious anticipation of the anger about to be unleashed. This ain't WWF or some other freak show. It's a heads-up battle with lives on the line and definitely not some over-glorified exhibition of trumped up skill. Save the music for your freestyle and drifter events.

2. renegade17

renegade17 Well-Known Member

Hahaha it was classic rock between the races at a moderate volume. No one was there smashing guitars and shooting Faygo over the crowd. My 3 year old son and I slept through about two hours of it saturday morning and were about 25 ft from a set of the speakers. Save your bitching for an event you actually get off of your dead ass and attend.

3. fastfreddie

HA. It's because of the shitshows between line-ups that I don't go. I go to hear engines, tires and other mechanical noises.
    Woe, for me, be the day it gets as bad as a Superbowl halftime...I won't even bother watching at home, recorded or not.
    Yeah, yeah, yeah...goodbye, freddie, we'll miss you. :rolleyes: I won't fucking care.

4. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I don't know of any issues on the new section - the chicane is on the original track. The new section is challenging but everyone loves it. Heard a description a couple of times it's like Barber and VIR had a kid :D

5axis and DucatiBomber like this.
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, tough one there. Nice to have all the room for them to save it, but if they ride off for a while like Hayden did it shrinks quick.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Been a problem all along, we now have owners willing to work on it. It's the only turn on the track I've disliked since day 1.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Just keep in mind he rode the majority of the way to the wall. Had riders going off there almost every session and they all reentered with no issues so it's not something that is a normal problem. But I'm sure they'll work on it next time, no doubt at all on that score.

Robby-Bobby and DucatiBomber like this.
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Out of dozens of runoffs there Hayden was the only one close. Did have one KTM ride out that way avoiding a crash I believe.

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

You need a coffee or something? :crackup:

10. fastfreddie

Workin' on a pot right now, it's raining and I have to swap wheels on Jeeps to pass inspection, the toilet needs scrubbed and I'm fartin' spinach and cheese...and the cats are out of food.;)

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So on the event overall - MotoAmerica is kicking ass running the events. The racetrack stepped up and did an absolutely amazing job. It was better run than places that have been doing it for decades. They reacted to any potential issues quickly. Huge crowd, seems like a lot of the race fans are okay with leaving central Ohio for Western PA :D

There will be improvements as time goes on, no worries on that score. But they weren't needed to make for a truly great weekend of professional racing.

rk97, scottn, justjohn620 and 10 others like this.
  12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Explains a lot :crackup:

13. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

No comments about Garrett Gerloff dominating the 600s.
    I hope he finds a good ride in Europe ASAP.

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nothing to comment about, it was just holy shit stuff :D

15. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I figured maybe incorrectly he was stepping up to a 1000. Would also be awesome to have him in Europe to cheer for.

16. G 97

G 97 Garth

Does post # 67 on page 4 count.:D

17. 5axis

5axis Well-Known Member

no
    Nesba sucks ;)

G 97 likes this.
  18. RollieManollie

RollieManollie I Need to Get My Beak Wet

Awesome weekend all around, thank you so much Sean and Evelyn for putting this opportunity together for us! I was very surprised that there wasn't more of a turnout with WERA participants in the Triple Crown. A good 600 rider could have mixed it up with us at this race! Hell, even if you would have registered for the race through WERA, you would have gotten an RV parking pass and 3 tickets to the event which would have been cheaper than at the gate I believe! Thank you again, I'm still amp'ed from how great this weekend was!!!!

HEF211, rugbymook and DucatiBomber like this.
  19. G 97

G 97 Garth

Amazing that a new 180 tire would make such a huge impact. Its not like the old one was bad. It just goes to show how fickle these bikes can be and what a rider can do when he feels comfortable with the feedback etc. He also rides very well at New Jersey so another double is very doable.

From the TV MotoAmerica knocked it out of the park and the track looked awesome. Have to think those on the outside who were watching took notice.

20. G 97

G 97 Garth

:crackup: