1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. Critter

Critter Registered

Just bought a DVC Open today should be here in a week or so. I am having them modify it to shoot off the shelf 9mm ammo, and change the grip and the trigger for my smaller hands. I have been shooting about 1000rounds per week, to try and heal my head injury.

BJR119 likes this.
  2. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Holy crap, that a lot of rounds.

3. Critter

Critter Registered

Well I suffered a bad head injury back in november and it is helping me recover....

4. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

There is a guy selling a set up hornady progressive rig for $400 with everything you need for 9mm. You need that!

5. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

IMG_4783.JPG IMG_4783.JPG This one followed me home. Well, to the range at the shop first, then home. :D

terminus est, BJR119 and Steeltoe like this.
  6. Critter

Critter Registered

[​IMG]
    This one followed me home earlier this month

7. Critter

Critter Registered

I have no desire to reload, it sounds like a giant pain in the ass

8. CW AF 03

CW AF 03 Aspiring has-been

Nice! Is that the DVC Tac?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

9. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

10. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

CZ75 SP-01 Tactical, threaded. I want the non-threaded version(its black, not tan). Ambidextrous decocker 9mm. Shot the B a couple weeks ago and really like it.

11. Critter

Critter Registered

STI Marauder Shot Show edition, drilled slide, Hex tac, hammer, it is basically a cross between a DVC 3 gun and Hex tac, it is a 2011. there are very few around on Gun broker.

12. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

They call it the CZ 75 Sp-01 tactical, suppressor ready in urban grey. The tactical is a decocker only version of the regular SP-01, which has a manual safety instead. The suppressor ready version has the tall night sights and a 5.21" barrel instead of the low sights and a 4.6" barrel.

The only bad thing about the decocker only models is that the trigger is slightly not as good as the manual safety models and they are harder to work on because of the complexity of the decocker system. I'm not a huge fan of the color but they don't make that model in black. I could have built one like it in black but not for anywhere near the 580 my local shop was asking. Hell, they were only asking 550 for the regular Sp-01!

Some day when I find one, I'll have a Shadow 2, and an Australian only Shadow.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2017
  13. Critter

Critter Registered

dumbest marketing photo ever taken
    [​IMG]

14. Steak Travis

Steak Travis Well-Known Member

TACTISPLOOGE

15. C-Par

C-Par Well-Known Member

That's my next rig for next year. Not up to B class yet so I don't want to be a poser. How do you like it.

16. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

There have been "race" chassis like that for Open division Glocks for a very long time.

17. CW AF 03

CW AF 03 Aspiring has-been

In dry fire it's nice. No stacking or camming in DA with minimal take up and just over 8lb pull. That should lighten up as things get broken in. If not, I'll polish internals and replace the trigger return and main spring. SA has probably 2mm-3mm of take up (which I like) and a really smooth 3lb break. The ergos are fantastic, which makes the purchase very consistent and it just "works" with my natural point of aim. The inside of the mag well is very gently beveled and reloads are surprisingly easy to hit clean at match speed. My Redhill Tactical holster gets here tomorrow and I've got some 124gr 9mm for some live fire this weekend.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

18. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

That attach to the lower rail and cover the ejection port!?!?

I have a 6 second ALG mount on a gen 3 glock. It's bulky but well made.

Attached Files:

19. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

Kentucky Gun had them in black for a while. I'm kicking myself for not getting one before they went out of stock, but I had other toys to purchase first.

https://www.kygunco.com/Product/View?ItemNo=41016

20. TakeItApart

TakeItApart Oops!

That's why I couldn't find it in black polycoat. It's a KYGUNCO exclusive. I guess I'll just be happy with what I found until an Aussie model shadow comes available somewhere. ;)