1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanted FZR600 Flatslides

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by bat, Jun 20, 2017.

1. bat

bat Well-Known Member

I am looking for a set of Flatslides for a FZR600.

2. SBKBee

SBKBee Owner: FZ hotel

Have a size in mind?

3. bat

bat Well-Known Member

33mm maybe 35mm if I do more work on the bike. It will be a 661 soon.

Kurlon likes this.
  4. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

I would go 35mm, ran 33 on my FZR400 with 1mm over...It was a BEE CNU engine :beer:

SBKBee likes this.
  5. SBKBee

35mm was the the YZf 600 standard, you won't be happy with anything smaller.

6. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Hmmm....im rounding up the parts for a 660 myself. I hadnt gotten to the carb part yet. Are these doable with stock YZF carbs for the meantime?

7. mark olding

mark olding Member

I have 33mm on my 660 engine and they are fine.wanted the midrange maximizing as I'm not sure how it will take sustained high revs with the standard fz6 rods.

8. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

No Carillos?!

9. mark olding

mark olding Member

No,Couldn't find any without blowing the budget.The engine seems happy to 12.500 and no need to go higher .

10. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Heh, I was more just referencing the forum's love of missing Carillos than anything. Up for sharing dyno numbers on the 660? Is it something that has any chance vs a modern 600 motor wise?

11. britx303

American market fz6? Or the euro market fzs6(or whatever)? A buddy has the euro model rods(whatever they are) for me if I want to get started,but if the yank version is the same,thats a bonus to know for parts availabilty.

12. FZRCraig

FZRCraig Offensive to Most

I use 33mm on my 600 - they are very easy to tune (because of velocity?) and torque is excellent.

13. mark olding

mark olding Member

Euro rods .Don't know if the american model is the same?

14. mark olding

mark olding Member

Sure,will get a copy of the dyno sheet when I have 5 minutes.

Kurlon likes this.
  15. bat

bat Well-Known Member

FZS600 Phazer rods is what you use. 5DM. No need for spacer. I got a set coming, picking up YZF600 head and cylinder right now. I will port the head when it gets here. 33mm I believe works better for short tight tracks, 35 for long sweeping tracks.

Right now my FZR400/600 is 305 lbs . Made aluminum tank, PM rear wheel and have made a ton of odds and ends. Got some EBC Pro Lite disc that will go on the front which will knock off a few more. Not real pretty yet.

Once a 661 I too will use stock YZF carbs but still want some flatslides.

16. britx303

305 lbs.!!!!!! HOOOOLLLLYYYY SH!!!T thats nice!!! Ive got the aluminium sheetmetal for a tank.....just need to finish cutting and shaping the pieces before I weld it up.But damn,I aint gonna get it that light with just the new fuel cell. Im down to 372 lbs but with a full stock steel tank.

17. SBKBee

Mine is at 298 dry, Magnesium wheels, Ti pipe, Ti Hardware. Titanium pipe.jpg Alloy subframe, battery box and Ohlins.jpg 2 Gallon alloy tank FCR flat slides.jpg

18. britx303

19. SBKBee

Yes, m4.

20. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers