1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. TZ250lover

TZ250lover Well-Known Member

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

A revolver can't be taken out of battery when a bad guy grabs at it or when the barrel gets pressed against something.

3. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

I must have got a good one! :D

4. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

I like my 2" SP101 Wiley clapp, feels like a tank and got better sights. Fun to shoot with 357 mag and watch the huge fireball!

Although Tiggen, similar to your situation, it did come with the grip panel design all shifted off to one side, not sure how that got through QC but Ruger sent me a new set.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2017
  5. rogers1323

rogers1323 Well-Known Member

Ever held the cylinder of a revolver while someone tries to cock the hammer or pull the trigger (if double action)?

6. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

If the assailant is in arm's reach, wtf are you trying to use a firearm for? :confused:

JBraun likes this.
  7. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

It can be stopped but it's not easy.

8. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

My knife was out of ammo.

Seriously though, what are you trying to get at? Most gun fights happen at very close range, and if a bad guy is trying to hurt me, I have no obligation to fight fair. If I have a gun, I'm using it.

9. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

That a firearm is a poor choice of weapon when your assailant has hands on you. Unless you're planning on popping him between the eyes with the butt.

10. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

As opposed to what?

11. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

That's good to know about Ruger bc while I have not had the need to used their cs, I have more than one of their guns.

According to the SW forum SW's QC policy is to chuck everything out the door, and if the customer complains, fix it. I called and a got a really friendly cs operator who sent me a shipping label straight away, but I'd rather be shooting my new gun.:(

Good thing I bought an AK with it! Apparently they know how to finish a firearm in Bulgaria.

Make S&W great again!!

12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

A thumb to the eye socket

13. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

Okay.................

14. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Tell you what, you poke me in the eye with your thumb, and in the meantime, I'll shoot you in the belly five times with my revolver. I'd say we can discuss the results afterwards but you won't be able to.

15. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You honestly think you'll be able to draw down on someone who's already on top of you?

Someone's watched a few too many Bruce Willis movies...

16. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

You're trolling

Ian178 and G Costanza like this.
  17. G Costanza

G Costanza Well-Known Member

The general rule of thumb is to create distance while drawing. If an attacker has hands on you, you can still draw while defending. Obviously every situation is different but drawing while defending is often a smart move...especially if you don't have any hand to hand skills.

Force multipliers are everything in a fight.

18. G Costanza

G Costanza Well-Known Member

Has anyone put rounds through a CZ P10c? It's going to be my next purchase but I'd like to hear from someone who isn't a paid shill.

19. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

General rule of thumb is to not let an assailant get that close. ;)

And I disagree on drawing while defending in a close quarters situation. Your concentration is on getting your weapon in hand. Meanwhile your assailant is landing blows or carving you up and likely noticing what you're doing and after you're good and tuned up will have a nice new firearm.

But like you say, every situation is different, and maybe Klondike Kat only gets into physical altercations with double amputees. :moon:

20. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

That looks seriously awesome. I've got the P320 and it rocks.