1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need a new handgun...lets talk guns today. :D

Discussion in 'General' started by Kris87, Mar 17, 2010.

1. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

What I almost bought was a S&w 6906. There is a million used ones for sale in the $300-$350 range and they get good reviews. Some are more handled than other but I think I'll pick one up in a couple of months. Either that or a used Beretta 92.

Good review on what you bought. Wish I could buy something, go home and shoot it in my backyard:bow:

2. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I have the 40 cal version of that. I don't love it. Just doesn't fit me. Plus, I'm not a fan of that particular round either.

3. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

4. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Is it a hand issue? I've got meathooks so I like something beafy. One I'm looking at is a 9.

5. Scotty87

I have meat hooks as well. I really can't put my finger on why, I just don't like it. It's really subjective. Every time I pick it up I'm like 'meh'. It would be good for the purpose your suggested, tho.

6. Scotty87

If I had to guess, I feel like it might be grip angle?

7. jkraft

jkraft Well-Known Member

Anyone know if its possible to get replacement parts for Ram-Line magazines?

8. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Loving my new S&W MP Shield Performance Center 9mm. Thing is smooth as glass

XFBO likes this.
  9. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

This is the gun of my dreams:
    6271.jpg

And this was the reality this morning.
    6272.jpg

brando.gif

10. TZ250lover

TZ250lover Well-Known Member

I have the 627 UDR. I also have the 686+ with a 2 1/2 bbl. I like the 686 better. L frame is a better size for a snub nose. Both are fun to shoot though and fast and accurate with practice

11. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

Picked up a S&W 642 .38special last week. Lots of giggles shooting it. 1st revolver I've had in, damn, 25 yrs.

12. Rhino48

Rhino48 Well-Known Member

tiggen likes this.
  13. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Performance Off-Center

scottn and tiggen like this.
  14. Ian178

Ian178 Well-Known Member

I've wanted a revolver. I shot a j frame and couldn't hit shit with it. As cool as they are, I just can't see the purpose these days. Modern striker fired pistols seem superior in every way, unless maybe you're talking about big bore stuff. What am I missing besides the form and mystique?

15. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

I don't know, but I shoot my 642 better than any other gun I own. I guess the fantasies in my head are more Josey Wales/Harry Callahan and less Tactical Bearded Operator Dude.

And how are modern striker fired pistols superior? Bc they hold more bullets?

16. TZ250lover

Revolvers are more reliable than pistols and when you do have a misfire from a bad primer, you just pull the trigger again. They also require less maintenance.

j frames are hard to shoot, but you can become proficient with one with practice. Pocket semi auto pistols are not easy to shoot either, and typically unreliable.

I love shooting revolvers, and other than 1911s and my 22LR model 41, they are about all I shoot anymore.

17. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Typically unreliable?! What are you shooting? That's a strong statement...

18. JeffroJ

JeffroJ 3 Ninjas and a Mexican

Never had an issue with my CM9 or Bodyguard 380. The BG has second strike, should you need it, which I like.

19. CW AF 03

CW AF 03 Aspiring has-been

Anyone here have the Sig 320 X-Five? I'm really digging that one. I'm really trying to find a CZ75 Tac Sport or Tanfoglio clone.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

20. TZ250lover

Semi autos are less reliable than revolvers.

Small semi autos are less reliable than their bigger cousins. It has to do with cycle time.

Small revolvers are just as reliable as their bigger cousins.

My standard for reliability is high.