1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nicky Hayden Injured

Discussion in 'General' started by ScottyRock155, May 17, 2017.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

No

pscook likes this.
  2. RGV 500

RGV 500 OLD, but still FAST

We are moving this weekend and I was taking down the pictures above the toolbox in the garage. I came to the last one and took a good look at it. It was right after my race at the GNF in '93. Next to me in the picture is a young Nicky Hayden. It took me a while to put the picture down. I only raced him that one weekend, but I remember it like it was yesterday. I still have a hard time thinking about it, but I will always remember him as a gentleman, sportsman, truthful, polite, and kind person that everyone else remembers too.

To his family, my deepest sympathies and most sincere condolences.

We lost another great one way too soon.

Rest In Peace Nicky, you are missed !!!

3. ED_006

ED_006 Well-Known Member

Really bad, and upsetting news. I have a signed shirt from him that I bought at Indy back in 2012 or so. I'm gonna have it framed and put it up in the man cave. He left us too soon, and it sucks!! I really enjoyed watching him race. He was a great guy and I'll always remember him riding hard and being such a good person. I felt like crap when Marco passed away, but I think this is worse because I followed Nicky since I started riding back in 1998. It's been a shitty past 2 days. I can't believe he is not with us anymore. Godspeed Nicky, thank you for all the awesome memories you gave us!!

4. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

One year ago. Still so sad. Positive vibes to his family and friends.

The Great One and vizsladog like this.
  5. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

If you follow Greg White on facetubes, he just put up an old Speedvision interview with a 17 year old Nicky .

RightSideUp likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I need to find my footage, he's maybe 13 :D

SpeedyE and G Dawg like this.
  7. vfrket

vfrket Lost Member

Thinking of The Kentucky Kid...

@Mongo - where's that video?

SpeedyE likes this.
  8. noles19

noles19 Well-Known Member

Saw a really cool deal where they opened affordable housing in his name. That's a great cause and legacy for him

Pride & Joy, BigBird and vfrket like this.
  9. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

Still hurts as much now as back then.

10. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Where'd four years go :/
    Nicky was hit on 17th May, he died on the 22nd.

He was some pup!!

11. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

Him and his bros at the Peoria TT

upload_2021-6-2_9-33-14.png