SV wiring

Discussion in 'Tech' started by f4iman78, Mar 4, 2004.

1. f4iman78

f4iman78 Member

I am trying to use a sv650s speedo on my sv650 trackbike. Do they both use the same speed signals (voltage signals)? Does anybody have a 's' version wiring diagram they can email me?
    thanks.

2. SV81

SV81 Steeler Hater

I think the speedos on the SV are in the front wheel. That is the "spacer" thing on the left side of the front wheel is actually the speedo drive gear. This from a 03 SVS model. I just cut my cable..no need for the speedo.

3. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Cut your cable:eek: Do you know how much that speedo drive costs? The wires from the drive go into the main harness. Depending on the year SV, the harness to the guage cluster are different.
    By the way clutch,I now have Speedo Drive Eliminators, that will allow your front to spin a bit better.

4. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

5. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

6. f4iman78

f4iman78 Member

sorry. When i meant speedo, I was talking about the cluster (speedo,tach, etc). Any input on that would be great.
    thanks.

7. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Get a shop manual- the SV and SVS wiring diagrams are in there. You'll be needing one anyway...

8. f4iman78

f4iman78 Member

i have a shop manual. Only sv650,no "s"

9. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

Sorry man, I'm still at work- if I had my manual here I could fax you the "S" wiring diagram. The complete manual was on the net a while back, have you tried searching for it?

10. f4iman78

f4iman78 Member

i haven't checked yet, but i will. Anybody who does have a copy, it would be great in the mean time.
    thanks

11. munyon

munyon Member

I mounted a SVS dash on my SV, the biggest pain was coming up with a connector cable. I still haven't been able to buy a used SVS harness on ebay for cheap. So I solderied the old wiring from a crashed stock SV dash to the SVS connector. I added heatshrink to each wire to act as a strain relief. It's a hack but it works right now. I wonder how long will it continue to work.

I tried to scan the SVS shop manual, but the results were unreadible. So I made an ugly but readable drawing, but cannot attach it. Let me know and I'll e-mail directly to you.

Steve Munyon
    Massachusetts

12. f4iman78

f4iman78 Member

f4iman78@hotmail