1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2008 Suzuki SVR 650 Tip Over Sensor

Discussion in 'Tech' started by ga899, Apr 28, 2017.

1. ga899

ga899 Member

Hi, recently our 2008 SVR 650 has gotten to where it won't start. I could tell that the engine wasn't firing, so I pulled the codes and it's throwing a C 23 Code, which I've read is the code for the Tip Over Sensor. I've Googled this problem quite extensively and read many threads, on many forums about this issue and I can't seem to locate this sensor on our bike.

Most postings seem to indicate the TOS should be behind the battery box or under the gas tank hinge and some threads indicate it will be along the side of the frame. A few postings mentioned it might be at the very rear of the bike, in front of the tail light but none appear to be the case on our bike.

Everything I've researched indicates this will be a rubber coated sensor, with the words "Upper" along with an arrow pointing up but I can find no such sensor on our bike, nor do I find any sensor that appears similar to any I've seen online, nor any plug that might appear to mate up.

I'm inclined to believe that it may have been moved or deleted and bypassed by the previous owner or perhaps it's possibly in a different spot on this bike, though I don't notice any loose or patched wiring or any added resistors or such. There is the possibility that we're overlooking it but we've gone over the bike pretty thoroughly.

If anyone has any suggestions as to where I might look to remedy this issue, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

2. Big Sherm

Big Sherm Well-Known Member

All I could help you with is finding the tip over sensor in its stock location, but that doesnt seem like it's what you're looking for.

Have you contacted the previous owner?

Scott
    Novice #14
    SoCal's lone LWT SS competitor?

3. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Some people remove them and solder in a resistor to fool the ECU that it's in place. If the solder breaks, you'll get the code

4. ga899

ga899 Member

Are either of you able to confirm for me the stock location on this year of bike, just in case? I suspect it will be the same as the various postings I've read on the internet but just in case it's different for this particular year or something, it could prove helpful. A picture of the sensor location would be nice, if it's no trouble. Maybe a picture of where the resistor might be soldered in, if someone were to bypass it. I suspect it's likely been bypassed but I'm not seeing anything obvious. Thanks.

5. Screen Shot 2017-04-29 at 8.05.23 AM.png

From the 03-12 SV650 Service manual.

jasonhise likes this.
  6. ga899

ga899 Member

Ahhh, thank you very much for that. I will remove that frame cover as soon as I can to check.