1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dog kennel/daycare jobs

Discussion in 'General' started by Gorilla George, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Absolutely. I would treat all of them as my own. I can't adopt all of them, but I can try to make their time at the shelter better. I am excited about it. I wish I would have thought about this a long time ago.

Banditracer likes this.
  2. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

People give you a lot of shit but you're a good dude. Pups shouldn't have to suffer the consequences from stupid people.

3. I agree. They didn't do anything wrong. People decide they want a dog without giving it proper consideration and thought, then decide it is too much work and get rid of them.

I hate that. The dogs didn't do anything wrong, but they are abandoned and left to wonder why their family didn't want them. That makes me sad. I want to try to make them happier.

All dogs want is someone to talk to them, play with them, and spend time with them. They don't need much to be happy. They just want a friend. I can be that.

I can't wait to get home.

4. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Yeah Chris any SPCA will be happy to have another volunteer. I have had a couple older retired customers that were dog walkers. We adopted the chocolate lab in my avatar pic a couple years ago and one of my customers that's a walker recognized him as soon as he got out of his truck, " hey that' Sam".

5. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I'll let you know when the house next door is for sale. You can move in and help take care of the pack. Pookie would love the attention. The other two are not quite as needy.

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:stupid:

7. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

:D So when you walk them are you going to throw away the leash after every walk just to use a new one next?

8. I've had several rescue dogs. Nothing will ever be as loyal and love you more than a rescue dog. It is like they understand what you did for them and are forever grateful for it.

9. Haha. No but I will bring my own leashes. I know they have good JuJu and I know they are good for 200+lb Newfies and Great Pyrenees. :D

10. JRA

JRA Well-Known Member

Chris, my wife can get you the contact info you need. She volunteered with the shelter for years and knows everyone there. I'm sure they would be really happy to have your help.

11. Thanks, that would be great. Feel free to PM or email it to me (I'm pretty sure you have my email address). :beer:

12. JRA

JRA Well-Known Member

This was
    This was actually started by my wife with about ten or eleven years ago when she was on the board. It was modeled after a similar event held in DC each year.

13. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

lol I knew that. Hey John is it Rich

14. JRA

JRA Well-Known Member

I didn't realize. hey Rich!

15. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

It made me smile to read this thread. It's a wonderful thing you want to do for all the dogs. Kudos to you for being such a good guy.

Gorilla George likes this.
  16. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

I'm happy for you doing this. My wife does it a lot, I've only done it a few times. You will love it.

17. Phl218

Phl218 .

good stuff Chris!

my wife did it for a while but then started bringing puppies home and that was where i had to draw a line. Kennel cough - dangerous to our existing dog and the poop i stepped in right next to our bed were the show stoppers.

i think people should do something similar to a drivers license with a proper test before they obtain a dog. (or have a child) but heck. ... let the idiots do what they want

Gorilla George and badmoon692008 like this.
  18. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Do it. A girl I know runs shelter dogs all the time. They allow her to pick them up and bring them to the running trails. I went with her a few times and it's great to see how happy the dogs are to get out and play.

Gorilla George and Banditracer like this.
  19. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

You are a good dude. We have two rescues and it breaks my heart to think of the kind of life they had before we got them.

20. slimjim00

slimjim00 Well-Known Member

Broome, you are good people.