Daytona 2017

Discussion in 'General' started by twodocs, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

MJ didn't build the motor did he? Where's all the hearsay?

badmoon692008 and throwdown like this.
  2. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Word I am hearing is West had an airbox violation. That is why he was DQed.

3. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Ahhh, the old illegal R6 airbox mod.

I didn't happen to notice but what rules package was the 200 using. I know it was ASRA, I'm assuming it was the ASRA "sport bike" rules?

4. slimjim00

slimjim00 Well-Known Member

For those keeping tabs on Dustin Ducote - he made the decision to pull off due to motion sickness around the lap 26 mark. He's fine, but has been puking and dizzy since getting off the bike.

Very proud of this dude and his first go at racing the 200.

5. britx303

britx303 Boomstick Butcher…..

Actually yes,I was wondering what happened. Thanks and tell him I said good job all the same for getting out there!!

6. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

I skipped the race and went to Main Street.

[​IMG]

7. RM Racing

RM Racing Tool user

If that's what it is, then it's really on the team and I'm really sorry for Cory. All of the pre race stuff was really clear on the airbox stuff. I didn't build anything for the race and I still understood the deal just from browsing the PR.

8. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

Which turn was that?

I'm here at the track. I was working turn two. Never saw it mentioned, but the last red flag resulted from (I think it was an MV) blowing the motor going into turn 1. That caused someone else to crash bringing attention to the oil slick left behind.

I couldn't watch the stream, but I could listen to the producer on the IFB directing the cameras. That was amusing to listen to. No idea who was announcing but if it was the same guys announcing for the entire track... Well there is something to be desired. They need a control net radio or a scanner to listen to so they really know whats happening. They can be pretty lost.

CCS rules regarding R6 filters aren't new and they even went further to clarify. So no excuses.
    http://www.ccsracing.us/forms/Clarification of Legal Air Filters.pdf

I heard West was using a newer or older than OEM for his bike, which ever has the larger opening.

9. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

Hearing now that it was an illegal airfilter. Shame.

10. SVbadguy

SVbadguy I survived the Mt Course

Not sure who he is, but #44 seemed to keep his speed up despite the lack of a right peg. Rode it like that until he pitted for fuel.
    I called it in hoping it might get the word to his team in case they weren't aware of it and that way they could be ready for him.

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

That was Knapp....

12. zertrider

zertrider Waiting for snow. Or sun.

Only to get shot down by drunk and old Harley women I would guess.

13. Skter505

Skter505 Well-Known Member

Damn, shitty way to get DQ'd. Silly rule IMO but it is the rule.

14. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Don't hate.

[​IMG]

15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

You sure it was no right peg? Taylor Knapp is the only rider I've ever seen that does the reverse leg dangle corner entry. He's been doing it for years.

[​IMG]

ekraft84 and mpusch like this.
  16. 418

418 Expert #59

Toe got a thing for them white wimmenz.

17. sPatlovich1

sPatlovich1 Well-Known Member

What's the deal with the Ducati 749 who finished 40th? No cut off for bike year?

18. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Jeez, at least try to make some bodily contact next time, maybe work up the courage to try a hover hand :Poke:

[​IMG]

badmoon692008 and jrsamples like this.
  19. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

Were you aware that RuPaul stole your phone and was taking pervy selfies with it?

20. Chip

Chip Registered

I love them both...but Barney should reference the last 4 times those two race at Daytona.

John29 likes this.