1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WSBK 2017 | Round 2 | Thailand| 10-12 Mar

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Mar 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Looks like this is going to be Rea's championship to lose.
    Chaz :(
    MV's blow up in SS and SBK, not a good sales pitch.

2. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

I can't believe how long Chaz rode that slide before he went down. He had both tires broke free for a long time.

badmoon692008 and sdiver like this.
  3. borislav

borislav Well-Known Member

Dude that was awesome, sliding that bike at such huge lean angle. It would make one think he would save it if he didn't run on to dirty part of the track!
    According to bad ass SS race that "old" R6 is still capable of running with new one.

sdiver likes this.
  4. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Hayden/Honda made some strides. At this rate might see a dry podium this year.

flyingpig70 likes this.
  5. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

2 things

#1 Why were they blowing air on the radiator during the red flag in SB? Does that do anything if the water pump isnt running?
    #2 Has Melandri forgot his racecraft? Two races in a row passed on the last lap in the last corner. Why didnt he protect the inside line a bit more?

Decent races, Rea make the SB races boring. Hopefully Davies can keep it interesting season long, I've liked the kid since his AMA days. I thought he had that slide saved, man what a slide that was!

badmoon692008 likes this.
  6. brex

brex Well-Known Member

Hot water sitting in the radiator. Air passing over the fins will cool that water, then when the engine is fired up it the water pumped through it from the radiator won't be as hot.

7. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

Not sure MV matters too much in the US market anymore. Everyone of their dealers I've seen has sold off or is in the process of selling their overstocked bikes and didn't order any 16-17 bikes. No dealer will work with a European manufacturer with the track record of EBR and I don't blame them.

8. JamesC459

JamesC459 Well-Known Member

I don't see it that way. 33 seconds back in race 1. not sure how long full race distance was supposed to be 22-24 maybe?
    To 20 seconds back in a shortened 16 lap race.
    I'm pulling for him with all of my heart/ Hell, I even named my son after him because he is the last American world champion. But I don't see a significant improvement yet. But we know he wont give up, and phone it in. Or over ride the bike to make it look better than it is either.
    He is still my guy.

badmoon692008 and Boman Forklift like this.
  9. ajcjr

ajcjr Well-Known Member

looks like kawasaki is playing with everyone. Hopefully the others start picking it up!

10. 418

418 Expert #59

So do the Kawasakis have winglets on the front of the nose cone? Sure looked like it to me.

11. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

That's how the oem fairing is shaped on the 16 and 17 zx10r.

418 likes this.
  12. ljuice26

ljuice26 Well-Known Member

Melandri said in his interview that he had basically no brakes at the end of the race and there was nothing he could do to stop Sykes in the last corner. He had been dealing with it since Fridays practice sessions.

PI and Thailand suit the Kawi. I expect Chaz to do the double at Aragon, the next race. He destroyed the field there last year.

13. Prospect

Prospect Hayai

Yup, that almost-save by Chaz was ridiculous. You could tell the bike was out of control just by looking at it but he was actually IN control and almost saved it. I hope he pulls up his socks as well as Sykles, Melandri and Lowes and give Rea a tougher time at the very least with the rest of the rounds, thing is getting bloody boring.

On another note I would love to see Camier get a podium, the man is over 6 foot has been developing/improving the MV and is riding remarkably well, sucks to see his effort turned into a burnt turd because of failed piston rings.

Finally, Broome, don't buy the new R6. Kraisart (who I discovered after the end of the SS race is rather chubby/heavier compared to the other riders like Caricasulo, was right up there and could have won on the older R6.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  14. vizsladog

vizsladog Well-Known Member

agree. hes a hard charger. but honda didnt do much it seems in the off season with the new bike. unless its wet i dont think he has much of a chance

15. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I've said it before and i'll say it again, Rea is the best superbike rider to come around in a long time. Maybe the most complete racer of this era. I wish he had a different passport because we would be watching him battle Marquez and Vinales for wins.

socalrider likes this.
  16. flyboy

flyboy Well-Known Member

Yeah Rea has schooled the SB boys so far. I really enjoy watching him since his first days wildcarding on the Honda. I remember he used to back it in like a nutter every corner. He's come a long way and I think it's better to have a chance at being the best WSBK rider ever opposed to riding some satellite POS at the back of a GP grid.

17. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

Passport has nothing to do with it.
    Look how many brits in MotoGp. IMO he's the fastest of them all including Crutch.

18. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

Yeah but he aint a brit.

19. nk140

nk140 Well-Known Member

PJ blew a piston.

The MV Superbike didn't blow a motor. Here is a quote from the MV board. This straight from the guy that bought Camier's 2016 bike and loaned his motor to the MV team for Phillip Island.

"Superbikes saw the oil pump vapourise the air and oil inside the lower end of the engine under hard braking as the oil shifts to the front of the motor and being so hot the air temp inside would get so hot that when the oil came back it would turn into a high pressure mist and escape out of the engine through a minute hole. As well a rubber hose melted away on the fuel tank which created more issues later."

20. nk140

nk140 Well-Known Member

The whole SS field had engine problems...Honda, Kawi, and MV. Yamaha seemed to fair okay.