What a weekend!

Discussion in 'General' started by opedogg, Feb 13, 2017.

1. opedogg

opedogg Well-Known Member

Good morning everyone, Opie Caylor here - just wanted to say thanks to everyone for an awesome weekend at Talladega! I am so encouraged by what I saw there. All of the new riders coming up. All of the orange shirts! All the new bikes. And at the same time some of those same 'ole familiar faces! Its like everything has changed but nothing has changed. WERA, as always, did an excellent job of putting on a quality event. I had a great time getting to do a little racing myself. In going forward in 2017, and as the presenting sponsor of the Southeast Sportsman series, Caylormade is there to provide parts and advice trackside to you and your fellow racers. We try to keep most of the neccessities on hand and on sale, at the Caylormade trailer. Some folks saw us this weekend and some didn't but I did want to just reiterate that we are here for you. Just this past weekend, I personally talked race lines with the top 3 600 expert riders, gave some suspension advice to those in need, as well as selling some small parts that helped make bikes ready for passing tech. I don't always think of everything as sometimes I get a little caught up in getting my own bike ready to go! All that being said, I would LOVE each and everyones input to what you would like to see Caylormade bring to the track! Items that I had in the trailer this past weekend included safety wire and pliers, water wetter, oil, oil filters, duct tape, numbers, spare bars, gearing, a couple of shocks, windscreens, windscreen screw kits, ear plugs, brake pads, tire warmers, swingarm spools, canopies, tie downs, 3 different brands of knee sliders, helmet visors, and so on. I know I am not thinking of everything but PLEASE share your input here. I just want to do the best job that I can for you guys and girls! Thanks everybody!

2. Thanks for your support of the Southeast Sportsman Series. While we were good to go this weekend and did not need a thing I know at some point during the season we will have a need. When that happens we will keep you in mind because we will support the folks who support Wera racing!

3. nhammond54

nhammond54 Hammond Brothers Racing

Wow!! You had all that in that little trailer? I never would have known! I rode by several times, but it is good to know for the future.

4. opedogg

Absolutely! It was all there! Where I pitted, I couldn't get everything out - that's why we weren't that visible. I'll have a much better setup for the next round! As long as I have raced and when I use to vend for 1888FASTLAP back in the 90's, I have a good idea of what the "neccessities" should be. The "Oh SHIT" parts - if you will! I want to be there to support every racer there that I can but its hard to keep parts for every bike - as you know! So, if there is ever any question about will I be there, will you have this part? PLEASE call the shop a couple of days before an event at (770)973-9339. Also, thanks to ALL of you who have simply said thanks for supporting WERA! That is so appreciated! Makes it all worth while for me and Caylormade!

5. opedogg

Thanks you! Thats what is all about to me! Support THOSE who support the sport! Its cyclical and I am thrilled to have this opportunity! Thanks again for your kind words!

6. opedogg

Again, I'll have a much more VISIBLE setup at the coming rounds! Hope to see you there!

7. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Opie it was cool to hear you talk at the awards presentation Saturday night.. Your speech was very humble and motivating.. It really showed how much of a class act you are on and off the track.. You will be getting business from me for sure!! Thanks for your support!! Marc

Steady T, opedogg and roy826ex like this.
  8. opedogg

Thats awesome Marc, thank you very much Sir. It truly is all about me giving back and I am just thrilled to be in a position to do so right now. Caylormade Motorsports is doing well and after focusing on my business for the last 4 to 5 years, it was time to get back to the track!

caferace likes this.
  9. lateapexer

lateapexer Local slow poke

Opie went out of his way to draw turn one on a piece of paper for me after making a comment of being stuck in my normal lap times. I thought getting on the podium after 6 months off the bike was the highlight of my day until that. It just makes me want to keep coming back! Thanks for that and I'm looking forward to this season with WERA and Caylormade!!

opedogg likes this.
  10. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

Opie I just want to add that I enjoy watching you ride. I first watched you ride way back in 2001 at Talladega. I had completed my Ed Bargy race school and was about to start this racing thing. You and Brian Stokes were the current day speedsters (still are in my book) back then and I was paying attention. I also had the pleasure of watching you rail back then on a SV650, fastest I have ever seen a SV circulate at Talladega.

I had the pleasure of just being on the track with you last year in a few of the Talladega A class races. Albeit I only saw you fly by me at times lol I must say I enjoyed watching you up close even more while being passed.

I also want to 2nd what Marc has already said about the words you spoke at the awards ceremony on Saturday afternoon. Your passion for this sport is truely intoxicating.

Now having said all that can I buy a 59 second lap time from you :D

opedogg and TLR67 like this.
  11. ScottyRock155

ScottyRock155 A T-Rex going RAWR!

If you sell Pit-Bull stands, having a set of their jack stands that someone could buy/borrow would be a great idea. The WERA paddock is full of nice people so I was lucky enough to find a set to borrow so I could swap my shock out Saturday afternoon.

Thanks for sponsoring WERA and supporting us racers!

12. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Stand rental is a good idea. $5 a shot :D

opedogg likes this.
  13. opedogg

I actually DO have a set of those Pitbull peg stands at the shop..........under a customers bike right now! I am willing to bring them to the track for useage during a shock swap! I can figure something out with that!

14. opedogg

Not a bad idea Sir!

15. opedogg

With a little one-on-one coaching and a day at Talladega, I could get you there!

roy826ex likes this.
  16. Phl218

Phl218 .

Idea for the future. Please post coaching and suspension advice possibilities up before a weekend. (As in - announce you will be there and what you will have to offer)

I contacted a few guys last week and got no responses that if I would've known you had your offerings I would've gotten back with you .

Cheers and see you next time :thumbsup:

opedogg and roy826ex like this.
  17. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

Opie - I'd like to add that I'm still ticked you beat me at Atlanta on the 1000 - ASSTK I think it was. Sleepless nights. Your help at Tally helped cancel that out though. Class act for sure. :D

opedogg likes this.
  18. opedogg

No worries, maybe we can catch up at the next one! As far as suspension advice, I'll help out anytime I can! When it comes to one-on-one coaching though, I prefer to meet up with a rider at one of John Cooks events. Thats the best way to get the most out of a coaching day with me. I love helping out though and I enjoy seeing other riders better themselves. I'll definitely post up a "heads up" before any event that Caylormade will be attending. Next time!

Phl218 likes this.
  19. opedogg

I'm sorry Eddie! I do remember that race - that was a good one for me! Father's Day weekend in 2015 - I started on the last row of that one in like 17th place. That was a fun ride for sure! I think it was only 6 laps too! After winning that race, my family took me roller skating! First time roller skating in like 30 years!

DaveB likes this.
  20. ekraft84

ekraft84 Registered User

I hate you Opie.

:D

opedogg likes this.