1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

lettering on leathers

Discussion in 'General' started by Gino230, Jan 23, 2017.

1. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

IMG_1118.jpg IMG_1116.jpg IMG_1684.jpg IMG_0301.jpg I built the aer0humps on the first two suits. on the other pics I also built the suits . the Red Bull suit is the Fund for Chris suit. ( see Barnacle Bill suit for 5.00 thread)

2. sumguitardude

sumguitardude Member

Barnacle Bill put my name on the back of my suit and it looks awesome! Quick turn around too!

3. I've never had one recharged, I've just ordered new ones. But I am going to send a few of my old ones to a guy so he can see about recharging them (the first ones I bought wouldn't be touched in the USA, they wanted them sent to back to Italy to be recharged.

But now that they are available here, they can be recharged by Dainese here (I think it's $250).

However, Dainese USA still won't touch the ones I ordered directly from Italy.

Yes - it blows up around the chest, shoulders, upper arms, upper chest, etc. It doesn't fill up around the neck like the way those HitAir vests do, but they do blow up enough to limit head movement.

4. derblott

derblott Well-Known Member

I crashed my D-Air suit last year in June, didn't have it back until September. Supposed to be a 2-week turnaround, but it took forever. And honestly it was a pretty shitty customer experience, I get the feeling they were simply overwhelmed with the amount of requests and didn't have much of a process propped up yet to handle them. I was corresponding directly with their warehouse manager via email to get updates. Can't imagine that process scales too well...hopefully next year is better.

Base price is $250 but they *must* repair anything critically torn or damaged, and they charge extra for that. I needed a piece of the forearm re-stitched and my final bill was around $350. Great suit though, and I felt like a million bucks after my crash.

5. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

So then nobody here has had an airbag suit lettered?

I don't care about the warranty so much, just want it to work if / when I go flying off the bike.

Bill have you ever had one of these apart?

Gino230 likes this.
  7. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Thanks for the write-up, Chris.

Gorilla George likes this.
  8. barnacle bill

barnacle bill Darethea and B Bill

only the ones that have the tether trigger. I've not even seen an electronic one. do they have wiring and circuits embedded in the suit for the sensors? you'd have to take care not to sew through a wire. I have a long slim free arm machine that I use for sleeves and legs and pockets so I don't have to open them up flat. another way to letter where there is limited access is to work the lettering up and contact cement/sew it to the suit . I've worked up a lot of lettering over the years and mailed it out to be glued on. worked pretty well and saved them on shipping. the tethered suits I've seen had an inflation mechanism almost identical to the inflatable marine lifevests I use on my sailboat. bill and darethea

9. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who initially thought he was buying a new set of leathers every time the airbag deployed?:)

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Nope, I still think that.... :D

badmoon692008 and MELK-MAN like this.
  11. TSC_113

TSC_113 Look At me!!!

I'm pretty sure that is exactly what he meant.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  12. HPPT

HPPT !!!

No, I had to read it three times in search of an alternative meaning. I really wanted to believe that there is still a sliver of normalcy somewhere in his brain and I settled on the bladder being replaced. :D

13. DWhyte91

DWhyte91 Well-Known Member

I had mine done but I haven't sent it in for repair/recharging yet. I wasn't told anything about warranty. There's no lettering on the hump because it's wired shut. Maybe that's where the warranty gets void?

[​IMG]

14. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

Dainese will have to prove under Moss Magnussun that the work caused the failure...

15. I was.

I've never actually had one recharged.

Sabre699 likes this.
  16. Yes - I have had 3 of them lettered. They can be lettered just like any other suit, they just can't put anything on the back hump (the ECU is in there) and they can't put anything in the upper shoulders.

They can be lettered like any other suit, you just have to avoid the air bladder and ECU.

17. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Obviously not.:D

18. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Oh Jesus…
    I'm gonna change that fucker's name to Romanov. He won't even get it. :D

19. Rising

Rising Well-Known Member

Well you're at it ask her to tell the story about the last time she went to France.

20. There are no wires or sensors or anything like that throughout the suit. All of the electronics are contained in the back hump.

There are gyros, accelerometers etc in the hump. So no need for sensors or wires anywhere else.