1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jennings this weekend

Discussion in 'General' started by slickp12, Jan 5, 2017.

1. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

Thinkin about the op down there...
    26 now, 40 at noon. Windchill at track speed has to be below zero.

Hope youre having some fun.

2. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

F that.....

3. Sabre699

Sabre699 Wait...hold my beer.

19 here this morning. JGP is 3 miles from me and was always a few degrees colder on winter mornings. Canadian sportbike weather. Enjoy.

G8rDuc likes this.
  4. Lavana

Lavana The coming

Pete!!!!!

I hope you guys are able to ride. Thursday I decided I was not going. Last year was warmer and I froze my ass off until about 2pm so I didn't want to drive there for just a few hours of track time.

I've done this trip the past 3 years... it's always nice to have that yearly thing with awesome people.

Good luck guys!

5. gapman789

+1. We come down every year for the past 5-10, hell i don't know. Always the lst or 2nd wknd in Feb. I counted 31 heads in the group photo from last year, all from Cincinnati.

The Milford/Cincinnati area started WERA btw. :p

cpettit likes this.
  6. Vinny337

Vinny337 Vin is in...Beastmode!

I'd be real surprised if Pete rode this weekend, if anything it'll give hime a chance to clean his bike. :D I've been to Jennings the last 3 years in March (had to use my AC), besides the chance of an expected chance of "R" the temperature was been great. See you in March Pete!

7. t11ravis

t11ravis huge carbon footprint

I don't care where you're from. Being on track in the teens/twenties is damn cold!

SpeedyTide and Vinny337 like this.
  8. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

At those temps I envision riders looking like Dumb & Dumber riding up the Rockies on the scooter! Lol!!

9. SpeedyTide

SpeedyTide 'Bama's Bad Boy

I've always been fine riding at pace, it's Control Riding that SUKS azz! I'm up front looking back at'em like.... "C'MON YOU SLOW BASTARDS...IT'S COOOOLD" LOL!!

G8rDuc likes this.
  10. gapman789

Jennings update:

Hell has frozen over. 39

11. slickp12

slickp12 Well-Known Member

Just to let everyone know, we had a great time. And Vinny, I rode. We had fun. Jennings grip is incredible.

12. John Hancock

John Hancock Well-Known Member

What was the temperature there today?

13. G8rDuc

G8rDuc N00B

About 4 years ago, I was control riding there in late March and we had snow flurries and froze our asses off. Speedy is right, nothing worse then going slow when it's cold.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

14. slickp12

slickp12 Well-Known Member

Was 29 when we got there. Got up to about 46. Still had a great time. Those kawasaki 300s are a freaking blast to ride

NemesisR6 and G8rDuc like this.