1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dirt bikes

Discussion in 'General' started by Wheel Bearing, Oct 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

2. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

The only downside to smaller two-strokes for trail use is fuel consumption, especially if it's a long way from the parking lot to the trailhead. That main jet sucks the fuel down. :D

3. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Hmmm I figured they were near the same fuel mileage from 4t to 2t. Didn't give it too much thought to be honest.

4. gapman789

gapman789 Well-Known Member

How far are you from ya Jennings? I could bring it to ya in a month. :)

5. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

I could understand that. I have a dirt converted (21,81" wheels) DRZ SM with the big oem 310mm rotor, EBC street pads, Galfer steel line, and until recently a trials tire. My YZ250 has the tiny oem dirt rotor, oem rubber line, stock pads,w knobby. HUGE difference between the 2. Polar opposites almost. First..As Lee955i said above, even then its still zero problem going back and forth between the 2 bikes. 2nd, I absolutely prefer the DRZ supermoto setup for offroad. You easily adjust for the superior power (even when I had less traction w the trials tire).

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  6. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

My experience comes from riding a 125 on forest roads fifteen miles to a trail head in northern Michigan. Fortunately, it was an organized ride, so there was a fuel stop at the trailhead. Just about everyone was on a bigger bike and only required a sip of fuel. My bike drank well over a gallon. While flickability in the trails was nice at first, switching over to reserve well before the end of the ride made fuel conservation a top priority. That killed a lot of the fun.

cajun636 likes this.
  7. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

Yes. Not to mention a more woods oriented pipe, as well as prolly even more important..adding a fly wheel weight. Makes a given bike a whole nother animal when offroad.

cajun636 likes this.
  8. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Too long to wait!! Once I get something in my head I am getting some shit sooner than a month lol

9. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Yall are making my head hurt lol

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  10. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

Ya, a bit lighter and the weight is lower so they feel alot more flickable.

cajun636 likes this.
  11. used2Bfast

used2Bfast Still healing

Agree. What weight is there, is lower feeling.

My bikes weights..

YZ250 -217lb (mx trim) wet, but no gas.
    DRZ -305ish wet, no gas.
    GasGas 450 -250 wet, no gas.

12. gapman789

Here's what ya need.....best trail bike ever made.

mike574 likes this.
  13. gapman789

Awww shit.....don't be this guy AKDRIFT...LMAO

14. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Question. What is the real difference between the CRF250F's and X's besides lights?

15. @gapman789 WTF was that?! I got to 2:45 and turned it off. He just fell over for no reason. Also I hope my race is like that, those dudes can't turn a bike worth a shit! Get that thing stuffed in there rear locked, clutch in, rev that shit to the hill and drop it. Dudes are all just taking a sunday cruise!

pscook likes this.
  16. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

@cajun636, Wide ratio transmission, headlight, electric start, and a kick stand.

Wanna buy one with freshish plastics, graphics and fresh KibbleWhite valves???

I'll send it to Florida with Gapman...

17. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Oh wow good info!!

18. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Uh huh... Check us at the 35 mile mark, newb...

19. I'm just saying, that was painful to watch and you're right. I need to fucking relax. hahaha.

cajun636 likes this.
  20. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

For the guys who like to take video footage and don't want to loose a Gopro every ride/ race- check out the Liquid Image goggles with the built in 1080p camera. They could be had for $100 or less on ebay and the likes. I've had zero issues with mine for a couple of years now.

cajun636 likes this.