Any watch lovers here????

Discussion in 'General' started by vizsladog, Jan 27, 2009.

1. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Man that thing looks beautiful. Never really had an omega blow my skirt up before.

Jedb likes this.
  2. On topic but kind of off. Anyone wear fitness type watches? I think you can get stainless bands for the larger fitbits but haven't seen much else. I'm pretty stocked on good watches, actually picked up another beater Tissot over the weekend and getting an IWC Portofino Day/date (should be at my house when I get back from Germbekastan today). It's my first non metal band watch if the 9 watches I have. Was my congrats on your promotion gift to myself.

Phl218 likes this.
  3. Phl218

Phl218 .

i am currently browsing fitness watches too...

i used the ciclosport HAC5 a lot and went into the whole data thing (10years ago) and loved the motivational part about it. even tracked my resting heart rate while sleeping...

now there's so much fancy stuff out there...

4. CJ

CJ Well-Known Member

That white Omega is frickin tits!!

5. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Yea, I was in the area and unfortunately they didn't have that watch. I wanted to see it, to see if it was too large for my arm. I'm not one of the current generation, that likes an alarm clock sized watch, on my wrist. Then I never managed to make it to the website yesterday.

6. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

For life's special moments, Panerai
    Untitled.jpg

7. RichB

RichB Well-Known Member

Congrats??

8. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I have a Garmin Fenix 2 that tracks mileage, pace, HR, altitude, and has some other running based features that I don't use. Mine requires a chest strap to monitor HR, but that's the only way that's accurate when training anyway. I really don't care to monitor it any other time.

I tried a fitbit surge for a minute, because the guy who sold it to me claimed that it would display HR during rigorous training without a chest strap. That turned out to be false so I sold it.

9. some guy #2

some guy #2 Well-Known Member

My fitbit surge isn't great for instantaneous changes in heart rate but it closely matches my Polar watch with a chest strap for running and cycling. Not sure what the above post means but it does display your HR at all times. It may not be accurate at all but it gives you a number. The GPS is very accurate for outdoor activities but drains the battery very quickly. Some big negatives about them are they are not waterproof at all except handwashing and sweat. The band also will start to peel away and you cannot replace just the band.

10. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Good point, it does seem okay for running and cycling. It didn't work during crossfit workouts. Too much wrist movement I'm guessing.

11. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

The biggest watch that I've bought so far but I'm really liking it. :)

Hamilton makes some really nice stuff for the price. Of course, the Joma discount makes it even better. :D
    Hammie 3.JPG

12. sbhockey

sbhockey Orange shirt #157

I use a Garmin 920xt. Tracks anything you want and then some. Tracks my laps in the pool which is big for me. Counting laps gets old when you start getting into the mile range.

13. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

I guess I was a very good boy this year since my wife just gave me this for my birthday that's coming up. She picked it out all on her own so I can't believe she did so well. She knew the style of watch I was wanting next but did a lot research and I think she did a hell of a job. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jedb likes this.
  14. peakpowersports

Nice! I'll have a Nomos one day. They are slick looking watches.

15. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Nice! I'm really digging Nomos.

I thought I had kicked the watch addiction and then IWC sent me an e mail and I opened it. I'm not smart. :D

16. RTD

RTD Well-Known Member

If anyone has considered a Tsovet, now 's the time, they have a bunch of sales on their site combined with the discount code somewhere in this thread and it's too good to be true, I bought one of their $950 automatics for $200.

cha0s#242 likes this.
  17. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Love that watch man. Nice job wifey!

18. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

That looks like the largest faced Hamilton I've seen!

19. peakpowersports

That platinum Yacht Master I asked about a month or so ago is getting cheaper :) I can get it for 4k now, maybe less.... hmmmmmmm.

20. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

The only way I'd pay $4k for a yacht master is if I had $5k in my hand from the next buyer before I picked it up.

By the way, the only platinum in that watch is in the rhodium plating on the dial.