1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spirit Motorcycles GP Sport R

Discussion in 'General' started by Chip, Dec 1, 2016.

1. wsmc 589

wsmc 589 Well-Known Member

Absolutely Metric, well said.

2. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Does no one else see the funny timing of him getting a Ducati?

3. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

Timing? I've had it since march. I guess I don't follow.

4. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

I was just :Poke: since you are a Lorenzo fan

5. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

I figured that might be where you were going. I bought it before he signed for Ducati. The story is I had been riding with a guy who had an 1199 and I was on my 07 GSXR 1k. I decided I wanted to try one of the new bikes with all the electronics just to see what they were like. Choice was between Yamaha R1M, Aprilia RSV4, or 1299s, ended up with the Ducati. My original plan was to wait until 2017, but a good deal came along I couldn't pass up. Now I've got the Ducati and an Audi. Guess I'm just a huge fan boy.

6. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

If I had the money I would definitely think about getting the 1299 too, but after seeing the new Honda and Suzuki coming the choices are getting harder.

7. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

Really? The Honda?

8. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

The new 2017 1000 RR looks to be a contender

metricdevilmoto likes this.
  9. 418

418 Expert #59

All desire for a Honda quickly leaves me when I think about having to work on one.

10. jonathanp

jonathanp Tech drop out

Yeah but the last bike I actually owned and worked on was 2003 R6... So not up to date on working on the newer bikes

11. metricdevilmoto

Don't sweat it. Working on the new 1000RR is just like working on an 08 1000RR.

Boman Forklift and bleacht like this.
  12. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

The both suck donkey balls

13. bleacht

bleacht Well-Known Member

Just thinking about putting the bodywork back together on one gives me anxiety.

14. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

Your looking at the cleaning products?

JBall and joec like this.
  15. Ok, so let me make sure I've got all of this right.....

Suzuki and Honda giving us nothing but BNG's all the time = people talk shit.

A company comes out with a really cool, special bike = people talk shit.

The sport doesn't grow fast enough because there isn't people buying expensive bikes = people talk shit.

People spend money on expensive bikes but only ride them on the street = people talk shit.

People take expensive bikes to the track but get passed by cheaper bikes = people talk shit.

People ride without proper gear = people talk shit.

People ride while wearing expensive branded gear = people talk shit.

Not enough money coming into the sport/vendors via aftermarket parts = people talk shit.

People put aftermarket parts on their bike before they are capable of winning Expert races on stock equipment = people talk shit.

So the only way anyone can actually do right by most of you motherfuckers is if companies put out new bikes, that have great technology and advancements, but the price tag remains low. BUT at the same time, people need to buy all of the expensive bikes to bring more money into the sport. Then they buy all kinds of aftermarket parts to get more money coming into the sport, but not actually install them on their bikes because in reality they don't need them. Then they need to buy the right gear and take their expensive (stock, because they should buy but dont need the aftermarket parts) bikes to the track, but only if they can be the fastest ones there.

Got it.

16. JamesC459

JamesC459 Well-Known Member

well yeah....

17. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

LOL There's no other bike that gives me so much grief to wrench on. Mine usually stays naked when parked

2009 cbr100rr Superbike 002_1480910553059_resized.JPG

metricdevilmoto likes this.
  18. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

Type posts way too long for anyone to read= people talk shit.

:D

19. metricdevilmoto

Um, do people talk shit?

Gorilla George likes this.
  20. Some people have f$ck off money though. My buddy didn't need a Veyron SS on top of his standard one but bought one because he wanted one and he could.