1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Roebling Road?

Discussion in 'General' started by cranky yankee, Feb 17, 2004.

1. cranky yankee

cranky yankee Well-Known Member

What is Roebling Road's surface like? Smooth, bumpy, grippy slippery? I've never rode there before.

2. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

Small bumps in spots, no moguls. grippy in the dry until really hot on sealer then still pretty good..LOTS of sealer strips and patches-not good wet.

3. 2old4this??

2old4this?? Well-Known Member

Very nice track!!! High speed, good flowing turns, and fairly smooth surface. Good on tires too. Mostly right hand turns. I give it two thumbs up.

4. wookie

wookie Well-Known Member

do you guys race at a different roebling road than i do? someone said it was smooth surface?

:D

JB

5. ThrottleJock

ThrottleJock Has been/Never was

Think motocross track. Complete with the big dirt berms on the outside of the turns. :Poke:

6. wookie

wookie Well-Known Member

theyre not really dirt, more sand than anything else

JB

7. john buchanan

john buchanan Active Member

Good flow,fast,slippery when hot, and a differant surface every 10 ft.rumble stripsin the middle of the track.

8. sanee

sanee Well-Known Member

bumpy
    rough
    patchy

9. mad brad

mad brad Guest

crazy talk. :rolleyes:

there is not ONE BUMP on roebling's surface.

patches in the rain yes..... but no bumps. great track. :up:

10. novice52

novice52 there, but not really

i don't see what people complain about. the way people talk about it was expecting my vision to be blurry due to the bumps, felt no different to me than jennings. a race track is a race track, i'm just happy to be able to ride on it.

the track has a nice layout, it's fast and flowing. it seemed to have good enough grip where i was able to wear to the edge of a michelin front. turn 6 (last left) in the decreasing part of the corner the middle lane has some patch work (3 patches), the second one has a bump in it which doesn't really upset the chassis but you feel it. it's a blast.

11. flypigs

flypigs Cold turkey since 2003

Fun, fast, flowing, abrasive on tires, pretty good grip in the dry. If you are only a bit scared that you went into T1 too fast, it wasn't fast enough. Watching Lee Acree drive past (impossibly late) everyone else's turn-in pointblew my mind.

That sandy grass loves to catch foot pegs and sliders.. that place is seriously hard on bikes.

Pete

Last edited: Feb 18, 2004
  12. JClay

JClay Gone Sailing...

yeah...not ONE bump...more like dozens. :)

Actually, don't look at the pavement, it will only scare you. Just ride!

13. HFD1Motorsports

HFD1Motorsports BIKE TUNA

Fun track fast fast turns bumps well all the tracks have bumps some more than others:) IRP rings a bell for the best bumps:)

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm thinking anybody saying Roebling is bumpy hasn't ridden a bumpy track....

15. BC61

BC61 Well-Known Member

fun track for bikes, a few filled pot holes and patches but a good line misses 90% of it. Need to pay attention to the surface and sealer in the rain.

16. blueduc37

blueduc37 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know where some on board video of Roebling can be had? All the links I've found so far are NG.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Do a search for the Roadrace dvd.

18. JClay

JClay Gone Sailing...

Thats true, it's really not bumpy like up on the banking at Rockingham, or the old Atlanta turn 5, or old Talladega..

I actually like the pavement at Roebling. It intimidates new comers so us old racers have the advantage. Like I said, just ride it and dont worry about the patches. Run right over them, it'll stick. ...unless its raining. Then you're better to dodge the sealer or just sit it out.

19. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Yep. Pack up the trailer.

Anyone remember when Scott Carpenter crashed on the cool down lap in the rain there in the rain? He washed it out on one of the sealers in 7. Was in 98-99 maybe.

20. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

WIll be another first timer this year. Whats the runoff like?