1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where is the KTM MotoGP thread?

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Robby-Bobby

Robby-Bobby Steeltoe’s Daddy

LOL!! No it's factual evidence!!

I've got PM to prove it!!!

Please just believe me! Junge was the one who ruined the Ktm/Robert deal!

The Great One likes this.
  2. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Them guts.

3. Huey130

Huey130 Chief wrench thrower

I'll never root for a company that stops building their premiere road bike because "you don't need nothing that bad ass" and then starts a Moto GP program.
    What are they doing development for dirt bikes? Are they going to release a super sophisticated RC3?

throwdown likes this.
  4. Chip

Chip Registered

KTM stopped selling the RC8 because they didn't sell enough to make any money.......and the CEO of KTM is correct, 1000cc sport bikes are excessive in both performance and price. Not my opinion, the consumers opinion, look at current sportbike sales numbers.

5. Huey130

You're talking the same world where Honda says they're going to stop making CBR600s?

6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

RC8 was cool looking but expensive. You could get a DooooooCateeee for less.

7. daveknievel

daveknievel I love orange kool-aid

I was quoted 13,800 out the door for a 14 left over last year. should have bought it.

8. Robby-Bobby

They are smart company with business sense.

They had a bike that kinda competed against like 7 other factories and didn't sell enough even though all the current liter bikes are better than 99.999% of world needs.

So instead of redoing it for more sales shared with the japs and other euros they use platform to build nastiest naked bike made and has thus sold every one of them and we have never kept on on the floor longer than a week or two.

Pretty smart IMO.

malik ross and Chip like this.
  9. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

They'll show up in the middle of the night and take back their engine!!!! :crackup:

Now that I threw out the Bobby bait I'll say I love me some KTMs. They were close to getting money from me (and if you know me, that's like getting blood from a stone) and still may.

10. Chip

Chip Registered

Correct. The same problem exists for 600cc Supersports as well. Too expensive with too many features that the average consumer does not want, need, and definitely does not want to pay for.

FYI - Kawasaki is going to stop making the ZX-6R as well.

11. Huey130

All y'all standing up for KTm: why did they say, publicly they weren't making the rc8 anymore?
    Because they said it was too much bike for the street.
    My opinion stands.

12. Robby-Bobby

I'll let the brass at KTM know that Huey doesn't support their motogp effort:)

Are you just mad cause you got your head squashed in by Lucille?

13. metricdevilmoto

metricdevilmoto Just forking around

What's up with the front calipers in the studio shots? They're different than the on-track shots.

14. Huey130

That's what opinions are for. No need to mock.
    I don't know Lucille... or I've forgotten.

15. brex

brex Well-Known Member

B.B. King's guitar.

16. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Negan's Bat

17. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

this is Lucille

[​IMG]

18. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Where did Honda say that? And why was a 2017 CBR600RR on display at the AIMexpo in Orlando earlier this month?

19. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

They had a shitton of 2016s and someone wanted to try out the new ptouch label printer? :D

20. John29

John29 Road racing since 1973

Your wild ass guess is as good as anybody else's expressed in this thread, but the answer is: No! Thank you for playing...