Guys whose wives back them up.

Discussion in 'General' started by DrA5, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

I hate malls.

2. Paige

Paige BBS FF Champ

:crackup:

3. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

A lot of men are insecure pussies who have no idea how to "be a man" with a strong woman. When everything is threatening to you and your response is to attempt to dominate...you just look like Trump.

ts199 likes this.
  4. pickled egg

pickled egg There is no “try”

Orange skin and all? :confused:

5. Hyperdyne

Hyperdyne Indy United SBK

So how does one "be a man" with a strong woman in your eyes?

condon66 likes this.
  6. pickled egg

7. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

All to often a "strong woman" is neither strong/independent like they are overcompensatingly trying to declare.....nor are they particularly feminine. That might be part of the problem. It has nothing to do with being insecure, it has to do with men find femininity attractive. A lot of that gets lost when a woman tries to emulate masculine behavior.

Women aren't generally attracted to effeminate guys....nor are men generally attracted to women who exude masculine qualities. Its not insecurity, it's called biology.

jrsamples and BrianC636 like this.
  8. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

It's mandatory redneck attire. You should get some.

9. Phl218

Phl218 .

ok, can i just cut half the legs of an old pair? or do they have them at the dollar store?

10. Metalhead

Metalhead Dong pilot

Cut them. Make one leg shorter. Bam.

Phl218 likes this.
  11. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I agree with your general point and assume even that there is a natural dominance even if we have to boil it down to who could club who(m?) harder and how we perform procreative sex.

Just as women are now "much more than they previously were", so too must a "real" man be much more than where the bar had previously been set. There are many of these truly strong women that exist and aren't compensating for anything. To me, activating any sort of the natural dominance roles in a relationship requires a man to be much more dynamic, emotionally intelligent, and willing and able to play support roles for her on matters where she is the expert or the one in the trenches. Strength, confidence, self-awareness, empathy, honesty - it takes more than just "alpha" things to allow a truly strong, modern woman to relinquish even the smallest amount of control and independence. And she doesn't have to give up any femininity to do it either.

I'd equate it to how a natural leader would emerge from a talented team rather than how an authoritarian would impose. Only when she respects you on that level, as men always expect from each other in high stakes scenarios, will she feel comfortable enough to fall into some of the more traditional roles that many of us (I) still believe are ingrained in us.

12. redtailracing

redtailracing gone tuna fishin'

One of the more insightful posts I've seen here. My wife is much the same, a bit crazy but self-aware which means she seems to manage it better than most.

There's a few points made in this thread that I find interesting, the topics of hobbies and financing most of all (only natural for a racer I guess). My wife and I grew up in a very different worlds. She was raised in the world of the arts, music, literature, dance, theatre performance, etc. I was raised as a grease monkey. Parents always pushed my education as they didn't want me to live my fathers life of back breaking labor wrenching on cars. But he was a gear head and raced bikes, same as my grandfather. How I turned out was only natural. Even with an education, I'm only a glorified educated grease monkey. For me, relaxation is in my shop with a wrench in my hand, building something.

My wife understands this and I understand her. Some of the arts I have a great appreciation for, such as music. Others though, such as ballet, not so much. I just don't get it. But she performed ballet her entire life. So last month I took her to a ballet for her birthday and didn't mind one bit. It made her happy and as long as she's happy, so am I. She does the same. She doesn't understand how I find art and beauty in an RC30 or an R7. Hell, she can't even tell the difference between my truck and any other red truck on the road. But she does understand that these things make me happy. So when we were planning our vacation to California next summer and I said "hey baby, any chance we could plan it around the world superbike race weekend at Laguna?" She said sure, that'd be awesome!

I've always found that old saying about marriages and love being hard work kind of humorous. I don't see it that way at all. For us, it comes easy. We thrive off each other's happiness. Sure, you couldn't drag me kicking and screaming to a ballet before we met. But when I see how happy it makes her, it doesn't bother me in the least. Same goes for her with. Y hobbies and we've both ended up growing to understand and even enjoy each other's hobbies by exploring them further. Not to mention we're both accommodating for each other. I've gained a new appreciation for things I had previously not explored. She's become mystified with the art of racing, even comparing it to dance as she watches a line of riders file through a corner in perfect synchronization and plan their strategies through the duration of a race. She knows that Ill enjoy a night at a ballet more if I get a good steak and beer beforehand and I'll treat her to some salmon or a filet and wine when she goes to a race with me. And for both of us, it's always easy and we always enjoy ourselves.

Obviously, finances become a big problem for a lot of couples. We decided early on to split our bills 50/50 since we both make about the same amount of money. Separate personal accounts, one joint account for bills, shared expenses, and savings. As long as the bills are paid every month, neither of us ever questions the others spending. We both share a similar mindset about living well under our means in order to enjoy other things. My toys, for example, are worth more than the apartment we live in and we're both ok with that. We have only what we need for living space which means we can afford to live quite comfortably despite being middle middle class at best based on income. Once I graduate and am making more money, I will pick up a larger percentage of the bills and I'm ok with that. She'll never quit working as she loves her job teaching. She has a physics degree and could be making well over twice what she is now but enjoys teaching despite the fact that it is actually harder work and requires longer hours than she would probably work otherwise (you'd be surprised how much work it takes to be a dedicated teacher).

I knew I chose the right one after a situation when we were engaged. We were paying for our wedding out of our own pockets and it was going to cost about $10k to have the wedding she wanted. So we agreed to split it $5k/$5k and not make any "big purchases" in the year leading up to the wedding date. About 4-5 months before the day, a buddy called me with a bike he was selling wanting to know if I was interested. Told him I didn't need to spend any money but I'd swing by and look at it in case I knew anyone else who'd want it. I got there, liked it way too much and he was offering a sweet deal on it so i caved. Went to the bank and got his money and threw it in the bed of my truck. Called my then fiancé and told her I was sorry but I couldn't help myself and bought a bike. Her response was "oh cool what did you get?" Same response I get to this day.

As others in this thread have said, it's all about compromise. My wife and I have never had a fight. Sure we've disagreed on things. But we resolve them by sitting down and discussing it as rational, civil human beings who love each other. No yelling or getting emotional, just thoughtful and most of all, respectful, communication. We both realize neither of us is perfect and sometimes we make mistakes. I get absolutely irate if anyone else upsets my wife, I'm damn sure not gonna upset her myself if I can help it.

13. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

I love reading these threads, although there are too many of them repeating the same, I won't.

Wives/women are not wired to have your back, don't ever think they will. If they tell you otherwise, it's a lie. Therefore, don't ever ask them to, or expect them to. This will seem foreign to you while you are young, but it will make more sense as you age and your testosterone level drops. If you ever sit down and really think, why did I ever get with this women? If your first answer isn't pussy, you are lying to yourself and your mind has yet to be free of the feminine shit cluttered there. Clear your mind, and you can then retrieve your balls from the mason jar in the closet. Your results may vary...:beer:

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

None of that holds true in my life or relationship...

Cam Morehead likes this.
  15. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

False.

It absolutely must work for everyone the way they've typed it out. Its right there in the words, man.

Don't you see the words???

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Werd.

17. Phl218

Phl218 .

All 3 are shorter already

18. LMcCurdy

LMcCurdy Antique

Hard to fathom isn't it. Boys are raised by mothers, grandmothers, or aunts who are implanting the female way...unwittingly or otherwise from birth. Ever see women talk to each other about how to be better wives to their husbands...it doesn't happen. In their minds they will always be the knowledgable ones who know what's best for you. And, men go along because that is how the mothers, grandmothers, aunts, etc have taught/raised them. While the balls in a mason jar maybe not be factual it doesn't mean it's not true. I guess when you spend so much time without them you forget or deny they were ever there in the first place.

19. pickled egg

Just...

Attached Files:

20. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

About the only thing I agree with is your last sentence.

Cam Morehead likes this.