1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trump v Clinton Debate

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Jul 31, 2016.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

See...that's why I'm really starting to like, rather than just tolerate Trump. ANYONE the gets that many people's panties in a wad can't be all bad. Of course I will not apply that same warped logic to Hillary so eff off.

2. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Maybe it's the tinfoil, but my suspicion is that these "protests" are filled with compensated astroturfers

XFBO likes this.
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup: You know what I mean :p

Britt likes this.
  4. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Hey, where's our Grand Prognosticator?

Did he see this coming?

5. Orvis

Orvis Well-Known Member

Having just watched Trump's speech I have to admit that he's changed his approach a bit. In fact, he was telling it like it is with specific accusations about Hillary's past. Now I'm watching Hillary's response and so far, she's done nothing except throw insults and innuendoes about Trump. I think she's getting a bit frustrated since she can't really throw his past political life up in the air since he doesn't have one. The war continues. :beer:

TurboBlew likes this.
  6. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

To put this out there. If Hillary survives all the scandals (and she will) she will win the election. Even if Trump wins the popular vote, no way they will let him win and Hillary will win the electoral college and the presidency. Most of the media will not report it or spin it as a right wing conspiracy to undermine her and the democrats.

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I hear someone is making him read a Teleprompter these days. Noooooo! Say it isn't so! Not Donald. :D

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2016
  8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

On the teleprompter thing - I heard one of Hillarys peeps talking about how horrible Trump is for suing one... Same peeps were totally supporting Obama..... Hypocrites can be funny! :crackup:

9. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I haven't seen any of that but could that person have been referring to the fact that the Donald had been mocking the use of teleprompters until someone put him on a glass leash? I'm not saying Hillary's people are not hypocrites, they all are at that level. And even if it's not for this, I'm sure there are plenty of other examples. But Trump sure as fuck is a hypocrite too for using one now. :D

10. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

Hypocrisy? In politics? GAH! GTFO!!!

11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Report from NH.
    First of all, here's an uncut view of the speech starting with Ben Carson intro.
    Give it ten seconds to start.

As far as the teleprompter controversy, the teleprompters were apparently there, but I never saw him look at them. You can watch his eyes in the close-up video, and if he's reading from a teleprompter, he's an expert at it.
    He might have had bullet points, but he was not reading a speech.

Here's the anti-Hillary protest. That cop car in the background was one of three that were there.

[​IMG]

Here's the anti-Trump crowd, right next to Hillary.
    That's all of them.
    They were very pleasant and respectful.

[​IMG]

I took a minute to chat with them and thanked them for getting involved while most people their age are not.
    I chatted with Hillary also, who had to take off that full-head mask. It was hot today.
    It was a white guy in his fifties.
    He was on top of the issues.

Here's the room from close to the back right after Trump came out. It's an old armory attached to a newer hotel.

[​IMG]

There were no effing seats. Next time, I definitely check on that. I can't stand for hours.
    There was about 1000 people there, not bad since it was announced by email blast at 5:30 pm last night.
    That probably explains the lack of protesters outside.
    When we left the hotel, the only people accosting us were vendors selling pro-Trump and/or anti-Hillary hats and shirts and stuff.
    Possibly an item of interest, probably 95% of the vendors were black.
    The Hillary guy was the only white vendor I saw.

This (photo below) is earlier taken from the very back of the room. I finally found a place to sit on a big road case in the corner, just as my back couldn't take anymore standing.
    The media pit is on the right.
    Easily 100 media people there.

[​IMG]

Some really cute girl came over from the media pit and asked to share my road case no idea who she was.
    She smelled awesome.
    After a few minutes, some other media model-looking guy came over and offered to get her a chair, which he grabbed out of a storage room which was right there, and placed next to the road case. They chatted a couple minutes and then hugged and he left.
    Within the next few minutes, three other guys came over to chat her up for 30 seconds.
    Rather amusing.

There was a lot of security in the room and entering the room.
    Easily 50 people between cops and SS and other unidentifiable people.

I forgot I had a pen knife in my pocket, so I had to go leave it at the front desk, which I thought was cool of them. I wasn't a guest of the hotel.
    My lighter was no problem.

Trump was an hour late.
    The guy with me had to go out to feed the meter and he got back 2 minutes after Trump arrived, and they wouldn't let him back in, so he went home. He was pissed.

When Trump finally arrived, he killed it.
    He's a far more impressive speaker than I expected.
    He really interacts with the crowd.

There were a lot of women of all ages there.
    Considering the racial makeup of the area, there was a fair number of black folks of both sexes in attendance.
    There were Spanish speaking people there, but not as many as you might expect from the area.

There were several "characters" there, and I noticed they were interviewed over and over by different camera crews. Most of the crowd was just regular folks.
    I declined to be interviewed twice. I'm not that stupid.

People were loving the cops there, lining up to take selfies with them, and the cops were loving it.
    This is a department that has taken a lot of heat the past ten years or so, so it's probably a nice change for them.

It was an interesting afternoon.

Banditracer likes this.
  12. Ian178

Ian178 Well-Known Member

It won't come to that. The democrats have successfully changed the demographics of the electorate a while ago. That, along with how divisive Trump seems to be to the republican base, means Hillary has a lock on this election. Romney was waaaay more mainstream, and enough people stayed home last time to make the difference. It will be worse this time, and will effect congress. I'll still turn up to the polls for shits and giggles, but this thing is way over.

13. In Your Corner

Not buying it.
    Especially if you think Romney had any appeal at all.
    Trump is a force to be reckoned with.
    The people will come out to vote for him.
    Almost nobody is excited about Hillary.
    Bernie's people are not going to support her.

The Dems might be able to assemble enough illegal votes to win it.
    We certainly can't expect this Justice Department ( :crackup:) to guard the integrity of the election.
    They have done all they can to facilitate anonymous voting, including in my state.

14. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

This is the only chance they have. Trump will win this unless there is massive voter fraud.

15. Ian178

Ian178 Well-Known Member

Remember the first Romney Obama debate? people were excited then. I wish I could believe you are right.... but I don't, and I WILL hate saying I told you so.

ETA: Eric Ericson, (I don't expect you to know the name, and i'm not a fan) is probably the biggest "conservative" talk radio host local to my state and he's almost campaigning against voting for trump. That, along with what Cruz and the Bush family did at the convention just shows that the establishment has no stake in this election. I don't think there is any modern precedent concerning such a situation, but it can't be good and I don't see how you can win that way.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  16. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

NO, Picture of "Cute Girl"???? You Suck....
    Nice Report though...thanks for the "Man on the Scene".

17. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

Ericson can blow a goat... He hates Hillary so much he tells people not to vote for Trump. What a joke... Its so obvious that guy is paid off. I really used to like listening to him too, but wtf man....

XFBO, Ian178 and Britt like this.
  18. In Your Corner

I honestly don't remember anything about Romney except he phoned-in his campaign.
    He was bragging about not sinking to the level of debating anything vigorously.
    I don't know why he bothered to run, because he certainly didn't seem to want the job.

XFBO likes this.
  19. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

EE sold the fk out... I too use to like listening to him, till he became so Fked up in his own logic he couldn't even face himself in the mirror.

He has become a complete fkn moran..idito. He talks out both sides of his ass, taking special delight in any news of Trumps impending demise...

20. thrak410

thrak410 My member is well known

He talks about holding to your morals (as his reason to hate Trump) but doesnt seem to care what will happen to the constitution if hillary is elected... I dont get it.

For that matter the majority of the republican party can blow a goat. They've been less than worthless these last 8-12+ years. I welcome someone who can shake things up.

XFBO likes this.