1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So I joined a club.....

Discussion in 'General' started by dsmitty37, Jul 14, 2016.

1. dsmitty37

dsmitty37 Well-Known Member

Someone already modded it. :( I like pristine, untouched stuff so that I can do it.

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

thats a nice unit! A friend of mine has one with an auxillary tank in the bed disguised as a toolbox. 1500 mile fuel range trips are not out of the question!

3. Phl218

Phl218 .

That's a cool idea!

4. dsmitty37

5. dsmitty37

20160715_071822.png

Yeah this gay stack is getting taken off as soon as I can figure out what exhaust to buy

Phl218 likes this.
  6. When I saw the first picture I was just about to ask WTF is that in the bed. I was hoping the picture was taken while somebody was on their way to the landfill to get rid of some old pipe. The truck is sweet. But that stack is one of the gayest things I have seen in a long time. Especially because the rest of the truck is bone stock. I wouldn't have done that shit, but IF I was going to do something like that, I would have first lifted it, put some different wheels and tires on it, etc.

Phl218 likes this.
  7. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

We own a few diesels in my family, it is a cool club to join.

Congrats, great truck and I'm a big fan of the Z71 interior.

TurboBlew likes this.
  8. roy826ex

roy826ex Been around here a while

I am 4 months into the club. So far I don't have too many complaints other than the usual petty stuff.

Pros:
    Pulls like a beast!
    Good towing mileage, 12s my best.
    Daily commute mileage 20.
    Solid ass truck.
    Loves to work and loves the highway.

Cons:
    Big heavy ass truck to park.
    It'll sink in soft ground.
    Emissions crap, DEF is nasty!
    Diesel pump areas are always filthy.
    Ride is like a truck truck.
    Mine locked me out with the key in the ignition in CO. :mad:

Mine is still 100% stock and will remain that way until the factory warranty has expired. Out of all the diesels out there I am really glad I chose the Duramax. :D

9. I HATE that shit. I have noticed that too. Not filthy like trash, but just oily grit and grime and shit everywhere. Even the buttons on the pump will be covered in shit. It is always like that. The only exceptions are if you go to a big new Shell or Chevron or something that just has the one diesel pump. But the pumps at every truck stop are always nasty as hell.

madcat6183 likes this.
  10. TurboBlew

http://www.boydwelding.com/
    It required very little modification to the truck. Drill a small 1" hole in the bed near the fuel fill door/neck. Cut the fuel fill neck and insert a nice pipe fitting with a 5/8" connector hose to the auxillary tank... and the aux tank has a nice petcock setup so you can isolate the tank if you needed to service the main one. Its gravity fed... and the aux tank holds 75+ gallons. Plus it has some storage space for a scissor jack, lug wrench, or other essentials. The aux tank also has its own fuel gauge so essentially you can have a 75 gallon range with 26 gallons of reserve! :D He totally "okie doked" me by letting me take the "first tank" of driving from Bellingham to Laguna... somewhere around 600 miles I asked if the fuel gauge was reading correct. Haha joke on me. At least my ass wasnt begging for a rest stop! :D

11. roy826ex

It's pathetic around here, pavement is covered in the diesel grime, pumps oozing diesel which gets on your hands along with tobacco/dip/chewing gum on the pavement. I almost need to wipe the soles of my shoes and wash my hands before getting back in my truck. :mad:

madcat6183 likes this.
  12. TurboBlew

the execution is hackish... but the idea is sound. Ever been in traffic next to or around a (lifted or not) diesel truck? eff that with a bat!
    Not to mention the nut between the seat & steering wheel would not be able to "roll coal"

13. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

I always have some tissue/ napkins/ paper towel in the glove box and try not to touch the pump with bare hand, the stink is tough to wash off and I always wash my hands afterwards.

14. dsmitty37

It's a big giant douche nozzle

madcat6183 and Gorilla George like this.
  15. I think that is the first time I have seen that term used in a context that makes sense. :crackup:

lee955i, BigBird and dsmitty37 like this.
  16. madcat6183

madcat6183 2006 GSXR

Love it. I used that line on something with my FIL the other day, good old country boy, he was in tears from laughing so hard. I cannot stand how filthy the diesel pumps are on the way to MI about anywhere in OH. Any truck stop it's like I need to put a tarp down to walk when I fuel up with the T.H. Just totally unnecessary.

Yeah man, get that stack off there asap, at least do a side dump or run a pipe back like normal. I cannot stand stacks except on semi's. Even if they do "look good" I cannot stand them. That is a hot truck man, congrats!

dsmitty37 likes this.
  17. dsmitty37

I went and bought a box of nitrile gloves and baby wipes because Wednesday night I had to get fuel and the pump handle was disgusting

BigBird likes this.
  18. dsmitty37

Anyone have recommendations for exhausts?

19. roy826ex

I have the gloves and wipes too stored under my back seat on drivers side. First time I ever bought diesel I was in line waiting and the guy in a F250 work truck got out and first thing he did was put on a mechanic glove before grabbing the diesel pump. I was like what the hell is that for, I found out like 10 minutes later when I ended up with diesel all over one hand. Luckily the paper towel thing actually had some in it and I got cleaned up before getting back in my nice new truck. I think I'm allergic to diesel fuel it really burns my skin even after I get it cleaned off.

20. drop

drop Well-Known Member

If not been said, egr delete