Help me think of a system to receive boxes (UPS, FEDEX, USPS)

Discussion in 'General' started by Lavana, Jul 8, 2016.

1. Lavana

Lavana The coming

You guys have a lot of ideas :)

This is the left side entrance (right side broken at the moment but it looks the same) in the middle there's a door.

I'm looking more towards the idea of the foam box idea. I want the packages to come here. I also need it to stay dry.

** there's a camera where we can talk to whoever rings the doorbell. They don't press it unless it needs a signature.

Even have a note that says don't throw packages (specifically for my helmet)

Attached Files:

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

This is probably the best answer as it pertains to that entrance

You may need a sign for a temporary period just to let them know to ring the bell until they get the hang of what to do

3. masshole

masshole sixoneseven

I have an account with Fedex, there's no Fedex Ground shipping to PO boxes.

BigBird likes this.
  4. CK from NC

CK from NC Active Member

5. Phl218

Phl218 .

Catapult and landing net

BigBird and CK from NC like this.
  6. omatter34

omatter34 Well-Known Member

Support your local businesses and you won't have this first world problem.:D

Other than that I have no better ideas than already mentioned.

CK from NC likes this.
  7. FZR 473

FZR 473 Well-Known Member

Olympus Racing likes this.
  8. BigBird

BigBird blah

And maybe add a moat

Phl218 likes this.
  9. SundaySocial

SundaySocial Blue & Gold

:cool:Build a Weather Tight Sturdy box, large enough to hold your largest anticipated shipment.
    Secure it out side the moat, near the drawbridge's landing ramp.
    Have the serfs leave legs of mutton under the drawbridge, to keep the troll busy on the days that you anticipate the peasants bringing the Lords Laundry.
    Instruct the peasants to put the Lords Laundry in the (WTS) box, and secure the box with a (supplied/tethered) padlock.
    Remember that the troll is awakened by the drawbridge landing, so ensure several serfs cross over before you go out for your Laundry.:D

Phl218, Funkm05, CK from NC and 3 others like this.
  10. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Is your mailbox the regulation height and distance from the street. I would venture to say a lot aren't. When replacing my mailbox, I found there is a spec height and distance. Go measure and report back

11. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Before you go and build some super duper high security box, consider this: the more substantial the box is, the more a thief is going to want what's inside because whatever's in there must be pretty valuable.

12. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

It is, and no, I won't.

13. Monsterdood

Monsterdood Well-Known Member

Then you must not give the postal employee a Christmas card! :p

14. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

I think he's Jewish...

15. Lavana

Lavana The coming

When I was updating my home I took out the mailbox for about a week while the house was painted. I replaced it with a new shiny stainless steel box in the same place. When I went to the post office to find out why I was not getting any mail I was told I needed to put the box on the street. NoONE, for blocks and blocks had a box on the street. I was told that by 2020 they wanted to have all mailboxes reachable by truck.

That was a lost battle.

16. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

Why would you use mail order in the first place? Just have your assistant get you what you want and bring it to you. Gotta be a local dealer stocking arai helmets and if not, have them use the Learjet. Problem solved.

BigBird likes this.
  17. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Learjet? What is this, 1987? G650 baby! Fly to Japan and get your Arai fresh from the factory.

18. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't let my assistant use the Global, that's for me. Let them pull the Lear from the back of the hanger, dust it off and go slumming.

19. BigBird

BigBird blah

what a mean boss you are....next thing you'll tell us is that you only allow your assistant to drive your Mulsanne to the Grocery store.

20. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

What about some kind of "job locker" type box that locks when it's shut. You'd leave it slightly open in the morning, and when the delivery comes for the day, the put the stuff inside and close it?