1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Yamaha RD 350 frame for sale.

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Yamaha179, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Yamaha179

Yamaha179 Well-Known Member

I am offering a true vintage race RD frame for sale. This frame is from the bike bought by Jake Kennington in April, 1974 for the sole purpose of racing. He raced it in GA Road Race Assn events, the first AMA Superbike Race at Daytona in 1975, and in ERA and WERA events until he replaced it with a RD 400 and then other bikes. I inherited the very modified bike from Jake.

Jake modified the frame by removing all the unnecessary tabs (D Modified Production). Radiator mounts were later added to the front down tubes but a TZ engine was never used. I disassembled the bike long ago but I have sufficient parts to build it to a complete racer if someone would like the project. There is a title for the bike, so it could be registered for the street. The best part about the frame is that unlike what you will find at a junk yard, this has never spent a night outside unless it was at a race track. It is grungy, but sound. Price for the frame, as listed elsewhere, is $250 but if you buy the frame and promise to race it in V1, V2, or F 500 I'll sell it for $150. We need more two-stroke racers on the grid.
    Lyn Garland
    WERA #1594

2. Yamaha179

Yamaha179 Well-Known Member

Bike has been sold. Unfortunately, the buyer does not plan to road race it.
    Lyn