1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Season Opener.

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by bogganman, May 27, 2016.

1. bogganman

bogganman Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I won't be making roebling this weekend,as I have endoscopic shoulder surgery on monday (from my Barber crash last fall).Bike's ready but I'm not. Was really looking forward to seeing everyone, and I could ride,but my surgeon says "no way".Looks like the long wait and involvement with HMGP should bring out a good field.Everyone have fun. Here's to good weather,and lap records falling! See everyone at Barber....Keith

2. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Uh, actually the vintage season opener was a few weeks ago at Grattan. I know...all six of us there enjoyed it:D

All kidding aside, everybody be safe and have fun!

JBall likes this.
  3. guzziguy

guzziguy Well-Known Member

well it wasn't too much fun for me as I lost it after a tankslapper after the hump during practice. Just about fixed though. :)

4. rd400racer

I was really sorry that you didn't get to race. I'm going to make it a point to carry a section of brake line with me from now on.

5. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

I saw you leaving on Saturday and wondered what happened. You were the guy that I thought might run the Solo20 for my little money race.

6. bogganman

Okay okay I should have said Southeastern vintage opener. You Damn Yankees.....

7. rd400racer

Hey, I'm from Kentucky! I just wanted to race:D

8. guzziguy

guzziguy Well-Known Member

would have loved to race in your solo, unbelievable luck, the steering stop broke, which snapped the steering damper and the broken end of the steering damper (a half inch rod) just happened to find the brake line and jam it against the exhaust pipe, I should try the lottery.

JBall likes this.
  9. bogganman

I was hoping the VIR vintage round would happen. My car racing buddies say it's an awesome track

10. bogganman

Since I can't be racing at Roebling right now,I'm here on the forum jus wishin'.....

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

There are so many 2-strokes here you couldn't see T1 when they headed out for practice :crackup:

V5 Racer likes this.
  12. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

Just like the old days.:)

yamageezer likes this.
  13. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

I really hate I didn't get to add a another 2 stroke to the mix but it's just not done yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. charles

charles The Transporter

And one more couldn't make it out today, sorry…next time then.

15. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

And all in the world was right for a brief moment.

yamageezer likes this.
  16. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

I do like the new pit out now... A lot more space to get away from all that 2 smoke....

17. dbc105

dbc105 Well-Known Member

LOL, Doug, don't get too excited, me and Jerry be pitted next to you in Atlanta.

18. WERA854

WERA854 Well-Known Member

Any details from RRR?

Did Danny Miller happen to show up Saturday on my old CB350? He would have been the one sporting the orange T-shirt on-board the sweet black bike in V2.

Although I am currently retired from racing, I'd like to think my old bike is serving its new owner well. ;)

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Results are on mylaps.com I don't have them or points on the main site yet sorry. Forgot to plug the laptop in when we got home yesterday and to be honest don't want to run over there and get it today.

20. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

According to Mylaps he won.