1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beaver Dam, Wisconsin

Discussion in 'General' started by dtalbott, Apr 25, 2016.

1. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

:stupid:

Understand my situation. I have to merge in, and my foot is on the floor even though I'm still moving slow. I'm coming over, and would appreciate your help, but I'm still coming over.

2. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

With a clean record you'd probably have a job the next day. All you hear is everybody needs drivers.

3. dtalbott

dtalbott Driving somewhere, hauling something.

The first place I started, I was let go after three days of ride-alongs. It was owned by an older man who followed his hunches, and his hunch was that I wasn't going to be happy there. He paid me over $1000 for those three days, so I was OK with it, but my wife freaked when I told her. I asked her to wait a few minutes, made two phone calls, and had two offers to choose from.

She calmed down then.

Last edited: May 12, 2016
    Banditracer likes this.
  4. CRA_Fizzer

CRA_Fizzer Honking at putter!

What is driving the change to single tires?

Cost?
    Lower rolling resistance = better mileage?
    Easier to deal with (inside dual a bitch)?

5. benprobst

benprobst Well-Known Member

Fuel. Exclusively. They are more expensive. More difficult to find on the road. More likely to put a truck out of service on the side of the road. But, they will save millions eventually. That being said its about a wash right now for most fleets.

418 likes this.
  6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They ride better too but most companies already have full air ride so they don't care about that part. Been tempted to get them for the RV but too much money for rims and tires.