1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holy friggin' cow!!!!

Discussion in 'General' started by CorollaDude, Jan 22, 2004.

1. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Am I reading these main course lap records for Sepang right? :wow:

Errr...like so, Formula 1 is pretty fast, huh?

Lap Records

Formula 1
    J.P. Montoya - BMW Williams
    1:38.049 (2002)

MotoGP
    M. Biaggi - Yamaha
    2:04.925 (2002)

2. Eddie845

Eddie845 E-LO FRM THE BLOCK

All that downforce really helps going around the corners fast.

3. Tex

Tex Well-Known Member

Jeez, Bruce!!! Cars suck and take no skill to drive and Speed killed motorcycle racing in the free world. We don't want to see your four wheeled crud here in a motorcycle forum!!!!!:mad:

get with the program:rolleyes:

:D

4. Sunny

Sunny Banned

All F1 drivers cut corners (over the painted curb) whenever, wherever they can like there is no tomorrow as well to keep the fastest speed thru turns. They have the advantage in braking and plenty of electronic technologies to help them in many area as well.

5. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

TIRES!!

4 big, fat, sticky tires.

6. Duc748SPS

Duc748SPS Banned

Anyone know what holds the lap record at Mid-Ohio?

Hint: four open wheels, two stroke motor.

and that is on the motorcycle course, not the car course

7. wera176

wera176 Well-Known Member

A lawn mower? Nah, a shifter-cart! Maybe? Do I win anything?

8. Duc748SPS

Duc748SPS Banned

Bingo....Shifter cart.....I would have never believed it till I asked someone there and saw it on TLC or something like that......

their corner speed is unmatched by anything that races there

9. Drew 913

Drew 913 Well-Known Member

I think it was last year that a shifter kart lapped Laguna Seca faster than all but three LMP 675 cars. It was driven by that ex 500 gp world champ.

10. Flex Axlerod

Flex Axlerod Banned

uh... you mean Wayne Rainey?

11. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

No; probably Eddie Lawson. But Wayne was not too far behind in time. :)

12. john buchanan

john buchanan Active Member

Cubic $
    Williams budget for last year $140.000.000

How fast can you afford to go?

13. thegoshow2002

thegoshow2002 lovely jubbly

Whats amazing is that at Mugello the F1 cars are carrying so much more corner speed and accelerating so much earlier than the GP bikes when they are coming onto the main straight.

The cars are on the gas for longer because they can brake waaaay later than the bikes can for turn 1.

Yet some how the Ducati Desmocedici still manages to post a higher top speed than the Ferrari :eek:.

The accelaration must be mind blowing on the GP bikes.

14. HPPT

HPPT !!!

the acceleration on the motorcycles is no match. The only reason they can keep up in top speed is the amount of drag the cars carry from the downforce. By the way, on that track Capirossi brakes at the 300-meter mark. The Williams or the Ferrari (I can't remember which) is at full power to 98 m from the corner. In one of the corners, Nicky Hayden was doing 160 kph at the apex (100 mph). The car was doing 260.:cool:

15. Sunny

Sunny Banned

F1s don't accelerate that fast in the later stage (still very fast) due to the tremendous down-force increasing exponentially as they pick up speed. This alos makes it hard to reach a very high speed as they know they can have a better lap time by picking up more cornering speed in every single turns instead of just maximizing their top speed on the straight. Of course, F1s will have high top speed if they want to tune down the down-force and concentrate on achieving the highest possible top speed at the end of the straight. ;)

16. Repo Man

Repo Man 50 years of Yamaha GP!!

Yep, at the Indy F1 qualifying we were sitting at the 100M braking marker - they were ON THE GAS, 218MPH, as they went past into the bus stop turn 1. :eek:

17. CorollaDude

CorollaDude Beach Bum

Tracy as poor as I am, I'm gonna scrape up money to go to Indy this year to see those F1s. :cool:

Please tell this dumb cracker that it is worth the trip. ;)

18. Drew 913

Drew 913 Well-Known Member

Just the sound at the end of the front straight into the braking zone is well worth the trip!

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Have I told you guys lately that I hate Nancy Junge? She went last year and was sooooooo kind as to call me and let me listen to the cars go by. :D It was pretty damned cool even if I was jealous as hell.

20. C-Par

C-Par Well-Known Member

I went last minute last year and it was great. GO......

I've been to the Canadian GP too.

I like the Canadian GP b/c I like Montreal better than Indy.

but as the USGP you can see more of the track.

Montreal is more European, awesome beer, good food, better night life.

I'd go to both if I could.