1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sepang, Malaysia | MotoGP 2015 (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'General' started by The Great One, Oct 22, 2015.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Did you watch the race in Australia? Nobody is buying the "He didn't have the pace" argument. He didn't seem to have any bike or tire issues that affected his in FP3.

2. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

3. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

So, the suggestion that the bike is responding different with a full-load of fuel is a lie? Impossible to conceptualize?

And, what about Dani, has he been sandbagging too? Clearly, the reasons attributed to reason for ability to get away at Malaysia are unfounded. It is reasonable to suggest then that we all these lies we may have missed where Dani was part of the Spaniard Master Plan, starting with his resurgence when battling Dani. VR visited with him after the race. I guess VR smell a rat early.

4. Past Glory

Past Glory I still have several AVON calendars from the 90's

You mean like it was when Casey Stoner rode it to race wins and a championship?

5. Venom51

Full load to empty makes a difference but not that big of a difference. I doubt the bike is that low on fuel in FP3. It's not a qualifying session.

6. Crybaby™

Crybaby™ Well-Known Member

I did watch it and it seemed like a legitimate battle between THREE bikes. Why does Ianonne get a pass for impeding Rossi on his championship chase? Are we assuming he was riding full tilt and MM wasn't? Maybe becuase he's Italian and not Spanish.

Papa is going to have a tough time these few months to come, with France being the only thing separating Spain from Italy and all

7. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

Iannone did not get a pass. Well, at least not until Rossi claimed that the fans going after Iannone were not his fans. Rossi has been significantly quiet on current social media war.

Maybe, the only saving grace for Iannone was that MM passed JLo on the last lap to help him with the title chase.

8. BigBird

BigBird blah

Bradley....Rossi will not be happy with you

Bradley Smith (Tech 3 Yamaha): “We are all here to race and do the best possible. What Marquez decided to do against Valentino is up to him. We are 24 riders on the grid and we are allowed to do exactly what we want, even if we are not fighting for the championship.”"

9. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

That list may be growing. The parting of the sea may not be a foregone conclusion.

10. r_mutt

r_mutt cookie puss

i think the issue here is some other moto gp riders claimed that Marquez was running full second quicker in the morning warm-up, and that that was an obvious indicator to them that he was sandbagging. the quote was "a full second faster in the warm-up and then all of a sudden he can't run the pace anymore"?
    think you have to be extremely naive to think that Marquez's intent was to race Rossi for a place.

11. BigBird

BigBird blah

see Bradley Smith.

So you want everyone to pullover and just see Jorge pummel VR46 for 20 laps?

12. Crybaby™

Was there a fuel level difference in warmup? AND maybe Rossi was the one holding MM up in the race. Anyone ever think of that?

13. Venom51

You did. Did you happen to catch this moment.

[​IMG]

That's at the end of the front straight. Does that look like a guy trying to stay close enough to Lorenzo to win the race at this point? Certainly doesn't seem to care about using the draft to try and run down the Yamaha. He's damn near in the dirt on the inside of the track with front wheel in that air with a full tank of gas. :D

14. Crybaby™

:crackup:
    I hinted at this in my earlier posts, but wasn't as blunt about it

Rossi seems to be in need of other riders to disrupt George to allow him to keep the lead. It's pretty hypocritical of him now to want MM to move out of his way.

15. Filterboy

Filterboy Well-Known Member

I believe that is the logic. I don't know what I think anymore. I think I stopped caring a few pages ago. :)

Looking forward to whatever happens at Valencia.

16. Hawk518

Hawk518 Resident Alien

I heard that picture can tell a thousand words...:D

Venom, not a challenge but there appears to be some contradiction above.

You say he wasn't trying but then you state that the front wheel is in the air (with a full tank of gas).

If he wasn't trying, why was the wheel in the air?

The issue that is being raised with respect to the full load is not occurring when the bike is up and down but the push on the front going into turns.

All throughout Free Practice - MM was loosing the front end. Even running off track.

17. Crybaby™

JESUS. If that picture is the best you have to prove your point, then you are grasping for anything. With no context that is just a pretty boring picture actually. Maybe he was trying to break Rossi's draft. Maybe he pushed wide on exit. I have no idea what that picture shows, but it sure as hell doesn't prove any intent.

I do remember a sketchy pass from Ianonne past both MM and Rossi in one turn when Rossi was leading. Was Rossi sandbagging there?

18. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

LOL, please tell us more about your experience riding Bridgestones in MotoGP.:crackup::crackup:

19. Venom51

Your claim was he is struggling to with front end grip when the bike is full of fuel. That doesn't appear to be the actions of someone struggling with pace because the bike has some fuel in it. If you are struggling with grip you aren't putting the bike in a place on the track to require more stress on the front end when it's time to turn into 1. Just seems an odd place to be and an odd riding choice for someone struggling.

20. Rob P

Rob P Well-Known Member

FP3, they are working on getting into QP1 and qualifying set-up to get the most out of the bike for one single lap. Tire life and fuel load don't matter, whereas in a race they do matter. To me, in my opinion, Marquez was over riding the bike in the early laps to try and hang with Dani. He had a moment on the front which allowed Lorenzo past, but he couldn't recover. When Rossi past, it was Marquez's pride and ego which didn't want to let Rossi in front. After all Rossi had said in the press conference and leading up to the race I understand. Had Marquez had the pace to run with Dani in the opening laps I honestly believe he would have.