1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fuel statiblizer

Discussion in 'Tech' started by EnvyCycles, Jul 17, 2015.

1. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

Whats up guys, I am going to be putting a bike in storage for a while and wante d to know the best thing to do for the fuel system.
    Do I buy some fuel stab?

2. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

i would go out of your way to find non ethanol fuel.. run it for a good long while to ensure it gets all the way through the fuel lines, rails and to the injectors.

3. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

Melka this would be almost impossible in the Dominican Republic

4. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

so all the gas there has ethanol ? i hear good things about Seafoam. it's just a clear liquid and don't put more what the directions state.

5. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

Thanks Greg

6. duc995

duc995 Yep…

Stabil has always worked for me - ethanol or no ethanol. I add the red Stabil 1oz for each 2.5 gal and change the fuel out once per year.

7. boloson

boloson Well-Known Member

Startrom. Used it this past winter & had great results

8. duc995

duc995 Yep…

Just to say, been using the Stabil like described for over 20 yrs.

9. backcountryme

backcountryme Word to your mother.

This will sound strange, but if you can find Stihl motomix then store with that. It only has 2% 2 stoke oil in it, no alcohol, and is stable for 2 years. It is not gasoline, but it is petroleum based. I sell a very similar product up here in Canada, but we have a 4 stroke version too. I use it in everything. In fact the fuel that I have been running i my mini road race bike is over 2 years old. Stablizers are a band aid on the problem. The problem is the additives in gasoline.

10. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Envy, you guys don't have access to aviation fuel? There is none in it as ethonal freezes at altitude.

11. backcountryme

Damn, it must be cold up there since the melting point of ethanol is somewhere around -175 degrees

12. Ducti89

Ducti89 Ticketing Melka’s dirtbike.....

Do you mean melting or freezing? Comment was based on the aviation tech at Millville airport.

13. backcountryme

Melting point, and freezing point is the same temp for the most part.

14. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

Most boat harbors sell non ethanol. Doesn't the OP live in Fl?

15. Pigman

Pigman Well-Known Member

Race Fuel...... or Startron

16. EnvyCycles

EnvyCycles D.RoD

In Florida I have no issues, bike is in the Dominican Republic. I'm being told the gas there does not contain ethanol.

17. triplestrong

triplestrong Well-Known Member

Use K100 fuel treatment. Star Tron would be next, then the red stuff, sea foam last for storage apps. (if ever). Research the K100, it's arguably the best stuff yet. Been using it for a number of applications for quite awhile now. They make a really good diesel treatment as well.

18. pkaustin

pkaustin Well-Known Member

Started an XR 600 on the first kick that had sat for 2 years with Seafoam.

Same fuel, all I'd done was run the carb dry after mixing in the Seafoam.