1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CCR Ferrari Challenge at Road America

Discussion in 'General' started by 88/532, Jul 2, 2015.

1. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

2. G 97

G 97 Garth

The driver in the black Ferrari needs a beat down.

3. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

How at 2:50 the guy driving that car doesn't say holy shit is beyond me

4. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

Yep, pretty difficult to contend he didn't know where the red car was. CCR forbids car-to-car contact . . . ? Looked like a clean pass . . . up until the black Ferrari moved (left) over on him. The hot line thru Turn 5 starts on the right, not the left.

Good that the red driver was able to walk away. I surprised he was as stable as he was exiting the car.

Cheers,

Dave

5. Turbotech

Turbotech Well-Known Member

:eek::eek::eek: That bitch took the fuck off...

6. ianjoub

ianjoub Well-Known Member

No biggie, that'll buff out.

7. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Wow, I knew when you saw nothing but hood it wasn't going to go well. lol

Glad he walked away, did the other driver get fined/suspended?

8. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Then I guess a severe reprimand is in order. ;)

9. 418

418 Expert #59

This is why I don't even bother to watch car racing anymore. When it comes to race craft even professional car drivers mostly suck.

10. shaugdog

shaugdog Pimpalicious

My buddy was sitting in the grandstand at T5 and he said he grabbed his daughter because he thought the car was going over the catch fence into them:eek: Crazy crash for sure.

11. joec

joec brace yourself

Thats just cash i cant imagine. And god damned those guys werent messing about.

12. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Dammit! You can't pass over the top;)

13. JoeR

JoeR Well-Known Member

I thought so at first, but I'm not so sure. Watch from onboard at around 3:00. He didn't swerve, they just approached a kink. Ive never been to Road America, but I think the black car was on the line, the Red car was trying to pass up inside and ran out of pavement. RA experts, please correct me...

14. JoeR

JoeR Well-Known Member

Well, maybe I'm wrong. oops

15. ped

ped Banned

There's a dude in the comment section very adamant about the red car being at fault. Black car had the line. Red car was Marquez.

16. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

That's like the automotive equivalent of looping out a fast wheelie.

17. R1Racer99

R1Racer99 Well-Known Member

Not a Road America expert but I've ridden there a couple times. I had the same reaction, the first time I blamed the black car, but then thinking of riding there, I would take the same type of line through the kink (not much of a kink really but you can straight line it to the braking zone). Maybe that's not the right line and could be dangerous if a bike were trying to pass on the left there. I'm curious what RA experts say too.

Holy shit what a crash though, glad he was okay.

18. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

RA is my home track. Turn 4 is a slight left hander on the middle "straight". I run that same basic line as the black car. Red car pooched himself by trying to stick his nose in where there was no room. Black car didn't come over ... Just held his race line.

19. Red car put himself in a position to get pinched off

20. theJrod

theJrod Well-Known Member

Passing driver's responsibility to make a clean pass.
    He ran out of pavement before completing his pass.