1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Late arrival to Barber this weekend, question...

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by Tjnbark, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Tjnbark

Tjnbark Member

This is my 1st full WERA season, sorry for the ignorance. Thanks in advance for your information.

I will be flying in late (or early morning) this weekend and may barely make it to Barber. Would really like to participate in a couple races and my question is,
    "How late can I register (and tech) the day of a race?" Are the times on the WERA info sheet hard times?

Working gets in the way of racing. Cheers, Tom

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  2. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Saturday
    Registration is open from 7-9:30
    Tech is open from 7-9:45

Sunday
    Reg is 7:30-9:00
    Tech is 7:45-9:30

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Registration closing is a set time - once that's done we have to get grids done and printed and posted and the like. We'd also prefer you get some practice before racing.

What time would you be getting there?

4. Tjnbark

Tjnbark Member

Thanks for the info. The best I could hope for, if nothing changes, is a 10am arrival. Give or take. But I totally understand safety and fairness to other racers who are following the rules. Just wanted to know for sure what my options are before I waste money on more transportation costs.

Thought maybe there was some accepted practice of throwing your name in the hat before grids are posted, or something. Would 'not' want to circumvent any safety measures.

Thanks

5. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

what size bike are you planning to race? that would determine if you are in first group in practice rotation or in the last group.

6. Tjnbark

Tjnbark Member

Sure, understand your point. But if I can't make reg. and tech, not gonna race or practice.

Thanks for replies, I'll have to rely on my work schedule changing.

Cheers,
    Tom

7. Tjnbark

Tjnbark Member

Schedule didn't work out, but got to join in on Sunday. Thanks for a great day at the best track, WERA.

8. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Glad you made it. Sunday was easier anyway :D